Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Exclamation FIA sends spy case to Court of Appeal

Ferrari will get the chance to tell their version of the spying affair after FIA president Max Mosley decided to send the case to the Court of Appeal.
    Mosley's decision comes after a letter from Italy's automobile federation president Luigi Macaluso, in which the Italian was critical of the World Motor Sport Council's ruling to not penalise McLaren despite finding them guilty of being in possession of confidential documents belonging to Ferrari.
    In a letter replying to Macaluso, Mosley said the matter will now be taken to the Court of Appeal, where Ferrari will be able to give their version of the story.
    The Italian squad were unable to appeal the verdict as they were only invited to last week's WMSC hearing.
    "Your letter suggests that the outcome may have been different if the Council had given Ferrari further opportunities to be heard beyond those that were in fact offered," wrote Mosley in the letter.
    "Because of this and the importance of public confidence in the outcome, I will send this matter to the FIA Court of Appeal under article 23.1 of the FIA Statues with a request that the Court hear both Ferrari and McLaren and any other Championship competitor who so requests and determine whether the decision of the WMSC was appropriate and, if not, substitute such other decision as may be just."
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/61242
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Is the court of appeals public and open

Quote Originally Posted by ArrowsFA1
    or closed to protect revenue (for the good of the sport, of course, of course!!) mokin:
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts
    It's fairly public so far because Autosport has published the letters exchanged by Mosely & Macaluso.
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    have Ferrari been caught with their pants down? they have been playing on the "supposed" evidence and spinning it out of existance and it looks like Max has had enough.

am I right in thinking this will be public? Im rubbing my hands in anticipation

Time to put up or shut up Jean :
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    by the way, I cant remember seeing it but is there a interview in English with the Itallian FIA member where he claims that he didnt agree with the verdict?

now, THAT would be interesting in light of the latest developments
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    by the way, I cant remember seeing it but is there a interview in English with the Itallian FIA member where he claims that he didnt agree with the verdict?

now, THAT would be interesting in light of the latest developments
    Yes there is. He declared that he was against the no punishment verdict.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Max realised how stupid it was to declare that the result of the vote was unanimous while Macaluso stated that he was against the ruling.
    It only highlighted the fact that the FIA wanted the whole case swept under the carpet and forgot it as fast as possible, no matter what others thought about it.

Now with Macaluso speaking up against them and with Ferrari threatening to sue McLaren Bernie and Max realised that they were so stupid not to fine McLaren when they had the occasion.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

If public, then will the "Two Too Stupid Dogs" testify live

Well just when I thought things could NOT get any dumber, hot off the press from the mouth of NS himself:

"Someone gave away the designs but it wasn't me. Someone set me up and that person is still within Ferrari," Nigel Stepney said in an interview in Tuesday's editions of Italian daily La Repubblica.*************************************** *****

A mysterious white powder was found on the gas tanks of Ferrari's cars on May 21, six days before the Monaco race, and traces of the powder have reportedly been found in a pair of Stepney's trousers. "I didn't put it there," Stepney told La Repubblica. "They put the powder in my pants pocket while I was taking a shower."

Or so it says in the article----That is the best he has got to say....????....

The article says he has a new job outside F1.

My guess, based on this story, is that he will be ghost writing the next Harry Potter book.......to be called "Harry and the Croaking Toad" or maybe a simple auto-bio to be called "Two Too Stupid Designers" who go to Russia to spy on Putin and sell nuke secrets to Iran but get caught at a local copy shop when they run out of money while copying top secret stuff and start asking folks for spare change so they could protect national security.......

but at trial they get off when the jury believes that someone set them up , and the 704 page manual of top secret stuff was put there, in his pocket, while he was taking a shower, never noticing it until after he was arrested....

Of course someone might ask as to why he was wearing his pants while he was takin a shower.....to which he replies, that he did not not want to be caught with his pants down and look like a real dumb liar...while in the background Mikie boy starts singing "hey brother, can you spare a dime"
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    have Ferrari been caught with their pants down? they have been playing on the "supposed" evidence and spinning it out of existance and it looks like Max has had enough.

am I right in thinking this will be public? Im rubbing my hands in anticipation

That is one spin , Flat .

But , that wouldn't fit with it being Italy's auto federation this is calling on the WMSC for the appeal .
    And , it wouldn't fit with Max favouring the reds either , which is the usual rhetoric .

If one of the chief designers at one team was in possession of anothers documents they are guilty at the very least , of that possession .

It is suggested that , with more evidence supplied , the outcome might have been different , and , being that McLaren were not punished , that suggests that they may still be .
    When he speaks of "public confidence in the outcome" , he is relating to all the polls being taken all over the internet .

It has confused the public to find McLaren guilty but not sanction them .

Even more confusing is what to do if we now assume they will be sanctioned .
    If the idea that the first gain they made was dropping the flex-floor bomb , then just how many races did it set Ferrari and others back . Is banning them for that number of races the right thing to do ?
    Or do you fine them an amount that would cover the costs the other teams spent developing the flex-floors ?

If what Stepney is starting to tell is a true tale , then Ferrari have an issue with which to deal themselves , in-house .

I have a buddy who used to sell Ferraris , and , in the middle of a recession , was witness to one of the worst examples of management of which I have ever heard tell .
    Luca arrived to an excited staff meeting and unceremoniously dressed down all the staff down to the receptionist , swearing and cursing so venomously that he was spitting on all within range .

I think Luca Montezemolo may be who is getting folks to such a state that they would do stuff like this .

But , first , we need to sort out this public perception issue , and give them a fine and get on with it .

Or, alternatively, time to **** your pants Ron?

Having already been found guilty, chances are that any further evidence will merely add to the pressure for a sanction befitting the crime to be imposed.

Putting on my biased red hat for one moment, a points deduction would be correct, but putting on my reasonable hat a cheque or postal order made payable to Ferrari SPA by way of an compensation payment will suffice.

Much as I would like to believe that my beloved Scuderia are only being beaten by the skullduggery of Wokingistas, I don't necessarily wish to see the championship decided in a court room.