Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1192

Thread: BTCC Models

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    That looks stunning. Is that the only model they will be doing do you know?
    They have a lot more listed now..

DS Models

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Pretty nice line-up. Got to wonder about the legalities of this though? Hate to put a downer on it, but I just hope its all legit for their sake!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Out of my price range. The plato model is the only one worth it's price tag as the donor car isn't cheap nor are the decals. £75 for a 2010 Gio car? You can pick up a donor car for less than £5 and a can of black gloss will set you back a few quid. so the decals and time are worth £65! Same with the 2008 Turner car really.

The other cars they have lined up on the other hand £75 is quite high but reasonable.

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    I think you underestimate the effort that goes into them. The Turner one is perhaps the worst deal as it's literally just changing a number and name, £50 for a £25-30 base model.

The 888 Vectra costs the most compared to its base price because of the amount of changes in comparison to the original Oxford diecast. I paid PDS to do one for me for a not dissimilar amount, and felt what I received in return was worth it!
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    You can get a 2008 Plato base car for around £12-15!

Im sure the quality is very good but i would rather do the Gio 2010 myself at that price, like i said you could get the car and spray it for under a tenner and the decals wouldn't set you back £65 plus the £5 postage they charge. Not knocking there work at all but the price for that model should be lower in my own opinion.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    You can get a 2008 Plato base car for around £12-15!

Im sure the quality is very good but i would rather do the Gio 2010 myself at that price, like i said you could get the car and spray it for under a tenner and the decals wouldn't set you back £65 plus the £5 postage they charge. Not knocking there work at all but the price for that model should be lower in my own opinion.
    Yes but even the Plato decals are wrong!

Can I have a set of Giovanardi decals for 'under a tenner'?
    If it was that simple everyone would be doing it!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    I think you underestimate the effort that goes into them. The Turner one is perhaps the worst deal as it's literally just changing a number and name, £50 for a £25-30 base model.
    A bit more involved if you look closely.

The 888 Vectra costs the most compared to its base price because of the amount of changes in comparison to the original Oxford diecast. I paid PDS to do one for me for a not dissimilar amount, and felt what I received in return was worth it!
    And have seen one of theirs and trust me it is lot better than the one you got from me.

I have one of their Cruzes, and I tell you, it's the best looking model I have in my collection.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PDS
    Yes but even the Plato decals are wrong!

Can I have a set of Giovanardi decals for 'under a tenner'?
    If it was that simple everyone would be doing it!
    I suggest you read my post again. I'm not sure what price you could get the decals for but it would be less than £65! Even if you couldn't get it up to the same standard as them you would be getting it for under half the price. Assuming the decals cost around £20.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonPotato
    I suggest you read my post again. I'm not sure what price you could get the decals for but it would be less than £65! Even if you couldn't get it up to the same standard as them you would be getting it for under half the price. Assuming the decals cost around £20.
    If you really feel you are being ripped off, why not make one yourself?

I just find it pleasing that someone has actually made these models available irrespective of the price.

As I said, I have bought one, and with the growing price of models (I see the 2012 DTM BMW's from minichamps are listed at £59.99) I am more than happy with what I got for my money.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree with Peter that I think all the models are reasonably priced, initial thought is wow that price is big but actually it's not.

Matt, just think how much work you have put in making your recent models, manhours alone would be a high cost, yes the base model could be cheap but stripping is pain then the re building and printing decals with white or shiny silver as in the Uniq decals on the Gio car certainly in cheap.

I can't wait for my Plato car and wish I had a bit more money to order a couple more cars.

I wish people wouldn't put down this fledgling company who is actually making the cars we really WANT! As Peter has stated new 'off the shelf' models are being released at £50+ and some of these models are even correct, where as these cars are going to be correct plus being high quality and build with passion (after speaking to them) and a small premium to these off the shelf models. These people also need to make a profit so they can bring us other models we want.

Hats off to them in my option. Also just a side note, I asked for a company to quote on making some decals for me and they came back quoting £400 for the artwork and just 10 decal sheets (so that £40 per decal sheet)
    Cleland is a legend. :cool: