Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by polo10
    Any news abou the skoda fabia S2000? It was expecting that the fabia run this rally as a zero car...Anyone knows anything about it?
    At the end of leg 1 at Acropolis Rally I did a small interview with Jan Kopecky in which I asked him about his future and he answered me that the only thing I know about next year is that I am going to be driving the new Skoda Fabia S2000, but I do not know yet in which championship!

Liked 21 Times in 8 Posts
    Jan Kopecky is heading BIG question, because, as atsiotras79 wrote, his team should be the first one, that gets new S2000 Fabia when it will have been ready and available. But It will be during the year, not earlier than in summer, and the team doesn't know, what are they going to do at the beginning of the season. Probably they will not run another season of WRC with Fabia WRC, because this car isn't competetive already this year anymore. So hard decision for CRT Kopecky...

Liked 131 Times in 60 Posts
    Yes, very hard decision for the team. I believe that Jan worths something more than the Fabia WRC in the "big league". He deserves a better WRC car! Karbonyl, I did not say that that CRT will be the first team to get the Fabia S2000, I said that Jan told me that he will be driving the Fabia S2000 next season.

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Vašek Pech just crashed his car in Prachatice, luckily the crew is ok and I think they have another car to race on Barum.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Firstly, why the hell is it taking so long for Skoda Motorsport to prepare the Fabia S2000, they've probably had the shell of the new road car for over a year now, so next summer will be 2 years. It had better be good!

Secondly, I disagree about the Fabia WRC losing competitiveness. Maybe it is partly Jan getting better and better as a driver, but look at his times in Deutschland. He is very competitive.

I think they should do the first half of the year with the Fabia WRC in WRC next year, and second half with Fabia S2000 in IRC.

For the future, IRC is the only sensible option. PWRC has not enough publicity. The events in IRC also make much more sense for Skoda.

atsiotras79: I know that you didn't say that, but I know, that it said a new chief of Skoda Motorsport, Mr. Hrabanek :-)

Filip: the car shouldn't be damaged very bad, definitely easier situation for Pech and his team than for Odlozilik and JM Engineering with their destroyed punto (according to the hot news this fiat should be ready for Barum rally!).

RS: The new boss of Skoda Motorsport said that they are going to work longer on Fabia S2000 to make it 100% competetive when released. They remember cases of Octavia WRC and Fabia WRC, which were launeched too early and that showed many many technical problems during rallys instead of tests. I disagree that Fabia WRC is competetive. It's pretty fast, but not enough, also Kopecky, who is former circuit driver and is fastest on tarmac rallys, says that he is often hardly pushing not on, but hardly behind the limits of his car. I thing this way od rallying is not necessary when fightig for sixth seventh place...

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    Kopecky just said that this is his last season with WRC and he is going to drive S2000 next year. I hope the Fabia s2000 will be at least as fast as Fiat or Pug so he can prove his potential.

Btw. Are there any pics of Pech's car?

Just this one shot with mobile phone:

Hard to say from this pic how much is the car damaged.

Liked 276 Times in 183 Posts
    It looks okay, it looks like they are picknicking in the woods...
    Post your own splits on the net: find RallyStopwatch on the Google Play Store.
    Follow posted splits on twitter with #RallySplits hashtag.

LOL

Well, it would be good to see how the car looks from the opposite side, because according to some voices Pech went to the forest with rear side of the car ahead.