Page 123 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1423
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Yesterday I managed to run my first ever half marathon. My build up had been less than ideal with me picking up a shin injury about 5 weeks ago which resulted in me having a two week break from exercise and then me limiting myself to doing a 'long run' at a very slow pace on the 2 weekends runnig up to yesterday's race. I had originally intended to try and beat 2hrs 15mins which then got extended to 2hrs 30mins after the injury.

Race day was very warm, so much so that I could quite happily have given up due to the heat after 3km. I eventually crossed the line in 6547th place at 2hrs 35mins and 54 seconds which I am really quite pleased with as I am most certainly not a runner.

My brother-in-law finished in 249th place at 1hr 29mins 20sec crossing the line when I was still at 6 miles (althgouh it was a staggered start). I now plan to semi-retire from running and go back to cycling.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

2. Likes: Mark (30th September 2014)
    Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    That's a much better time than never running a half marathon. I did one once, and it will probably be the only time. I can't remember my time, but it was when I was much younger and still in shape.

But I have no desire to do it again.

I'll join you in some biking, though lately I've slacked on that very bad as well. I started a new job and have to make the time which I have less of again.

Liked 50 Times in 33 Posts
    I did my second half marathon this weekend in Ealing which is quite hilly. Took it slowly in the first half but still found myself running out of energy and walking for a bit towards the end. Managed it in 1:45:13 which is precisely 30 seconds quicker than last year. One whole year of training to shave off 30 seconds off my time... feeling a bit demoralised and not in the mood to run again for some time.

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Good for you both GG and Malbec! Even with all the running I've been doing (I logged 160kms in September) I don't think I'm even close to particpating in a half.
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

This was my second year participating in this 5-person relay event, although this year I tackled leg 3. A "5/5 difficulty" leg, 12km with a 510m elevation gain, climbing to a peak of over 1,500m. Was the hardest 12km I've ever ran, but quite satisfying .
    Our team placed 15th overall out of 130 teams.

http://www.grizzlyevents.ca/grizzly-...n---relay.html

Very enjoyable with great weather and fantastic scenery. Looking forward to next year (to retrieve the lung I left behind ).

7. Likes: Big Ben (5th November 2014),J4MIE (17th October 2014)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I ran 204km in October, around half of them in the last 10 days of the month. I have 1628km this year. I wonder if I can run 2000 by the end of the year... probably not.

I did quite a long bike ride on Sunday for my standards. I went from my very famous home town, Oradea, to the even more famous town of Berettyóújfalu and back... about 80km. By the end of it it was quite horrible. I hoped to be back home by 6:30. Instead it took me almost 2 hours more than I thought which meant 2 hours more in the dark and the cold. I could barely move my hands when I got home. Well, you live and learn... at least I'm living.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Well we're into the cold weather now so it looks like I'm going to have to fit my winter wheels and tyres to the bike which should be on for at least the next 4 months . During that time it's just going to be doing what I can on Sunday mornings. No more setting out at 6am to bang in 80 miles before lunch.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    At least you're still racking up miles Big Ben. I've been a slacker lately. Are you on a road bike or mountain bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well we're into the cold weather now so it looks like I'm going to have to fit my winter wheels and tyres to the bike which should be on for at least the next 4 months . During that time it's just going to be doing what I can on Sunday mornings. No more setting out at 6am to bang in 80 miles before lunch.
    Didn't realise you change wheels too. What's different about the wheels? I assume the rear is equipped with an identical gearset?

I haven't used my bike much lately. Been pounding the pavement/trails more than anything, although nowhere near as much as BB.
    Managed 160km in October, and about the same for September.
    It's getting harder this time of year, with the shortening daylight hours, and the pathways and sidewalks are starting to get icy .
    I should just give up and go in to hibernation until the spring .