Page 111 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1423
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Re: The Get fit club!

Finally got out for a 50 mile ride yesterday - despite it being freezing and hurricane winds! But it felt good after having to miss the previous three Sundays because of bad weather & illness.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts

I finally managed to finish the build of the new bike and did a 10 minute shakedown with it last night. Seating position seems ok, brake setup still needs work. Components mostly Sram Apex with Avid BB7 brakes.

weight is around 11kg's, not too bad for a size 58cm steel frame/fork bike with disc brakes.

C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    Finally got out for a 50 mile ride yesterday - despite it being freezing and hurricane winds! But it felt good after having to miss the previous three Sundays because of bad weather & illness.
    Good stuff.

I haven't really ridden a bike for almost a year now...
    It's been broken, loose wheel, loose handlebars, now rusted chain. And the pedal came off last year. It was really weird. The pedal had broke off at the bit that goes into the bike frame (can't remember what it's called). The cut was clean through with no roughness like some sort of predator weapon had sliced through it, even though it snapped. People at Halfords and the Trek shop said they'd never seen anything like it.

Hopefully I can think about fixing it by summer (have lots of stuff to deal with financially first) as I miss my cycling, and have now gotten very unfit. *sob*
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    Not really about excising or getting fit, but something for future. New project really kicked in when Post man Pat brought a Shiny RAL5024 coloured Salva Vaya frame.

Nex I need to make some decisions for what components I'll be getting and what I can get from the old roadbike, Sram drivetrain and shifters and Avid brakes are in the purchasing pipeline.
    [as T-1000]: "Say, that's a nice bike."

(I have a black one too)
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Admin

Did 86 miles last weekend

Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts

So after I finished cardio tennis this morning and was walking back to my car in my shorts, it was a nice sunny day and hardly any wind, so I thought I'd go home and go out on the bike for a bit.

However, in the end it was still a bit on the windy side and got steadily stronger the rest of the afternoon, so I didn't bother with it. More cardio tennis tomorrow morning!!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I had done approximately 60 miles on bike by this time last year, in February alone. Haven't done a thing this month as the weather is awful. Not good!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    You lot still here?!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I had planned on cycling 120km yesterday but 21km in a friend had a fall and I had a nice ride in an ambulance and a sit in A&E for 4 hours with her. My friend will be fine but I was gutted as I was feeling really good and without really trying I had already been told to slow down. It was going to be my first decent ride of the year but as it was cut short I don't now know how far I would have got before I really began to tire. Will try and get out next weekend for a long ride. Otherwise my first sportive on the year is in two weeks.

I ran 2km junior park run with my 4 year old niece in sub 19 minutes this morning. It's actually harder than it sounds to run with little steps and still look like your running and it really tires you out. Then went for a 5km run when I got home but was faced with a massive headwind on every climb. Still got my third fasted 5km of the year though so pretty happy overall.

Cool looking frame Janneppi.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts

I finally got out for about 8 miles on the bike today. I did some damage to my back over the cold season and then slacked off due to crappy weather. So 8 miles is better than nothing. Going to take it easy until I'm sure my back can take it.

Admin

Not so good this weekend. Went out with the club and for whatever reason didn't have any strength in my legs. Managed to stay with them over the first couple of climbs, but only by staying at the back and completely redlining, but then 13 miles in the first 'real' hill appeared and that was that I blew up and grinded up the hill. One of the guys waited for me at the top but I told him to push on without me, and I did a loop back to home - although I meet my wife at the garden centre and I did a nice scone so not all bad

http://www.strava.com/activities/115438828/overview