Page 110 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1423
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Re: The Get fit club!

Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE
    Bloody hell, well done Mark (and Iain!). Bet neither of you would have thought you could do that this time last year! You'll need to better it in 2014 though

I need to try harder for next year, will more than likely be doing some mountain bike orienteering events again as I found it quite good fun, should really get out to a few more trail centre type places too, and would like to try some running though that is maybe asking a but much.... All that in addition to more and more tennis!!
    You still thinking of getting a road bike? A lot easier to get out on that straight out your front door and you live near some really good cycling roads.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 580 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    You still thinking of getting a road bike? A lot easier to get out on that straight out your front door and you live near some really good cycling roads.
    Still fancy it but will be moving to Sunderland at the end of March so saving for that just now. Wouldn't use it until the summer anyway!!!
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts

Not really about excising or getting fit, but something for future. New project really kicked in when Post man Pat brought a Shiny RAL5024 coloured Salva Vaya frame.

Nex I need to make some decisions for what components I'll be getting and what I can get from the old roadbike, Sram drivetrain and shifters and Avid brakes are in the purchasing pipeline.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts

Which one is it?
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

The one on the back, lurking behind the others.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts

What will it be used for? I was looking at a Vaya frame last summer but went with another Surly because the Salsa uses disc brakes and I had all the components from my old bike to use. I rode to work this morning because the temperature was only -6.7, but with the headwind it was more like -14. It's supposed to reach zero today at some point, though, so I'm hoping my return trip will be nice.

It replaces the old road bike for summer riding/commuting. Also should be able to run with cx tyres for riding in gravel roads when the trails aren't rideable and studded tyres for winter use.
    Disc brakes were the first thing in my list for this bike.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I have got back into exercise with avengence this month. I've covered over 425km so far and should hopefuly hit the 450km barrier before the month is out. Best moment of the month by far was when I helped my 7 year old neice to a new 2km Parkrun PB of 14 minutes 13 seconds on a wet and muddy course, smashing her previous PB on the course by 50 seconds.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Nnnghh.

First ride to work this year, took the mountain bike for s spin. But man I'm slow, It probably took at least 45 minutes to ride the 11km to work. Bikepaths were in descent enough shape so no excuses there.

If I'm dead tomorrow, it was the lurking lungplague that was slowing me down today.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts

It's been too cold or too messy for commuting on the bike more than once or twice a week, but I've started cross country skiing on the weekends. A two hour class followed by about three hours on some groomed trails pretty much wore me out today. I'm going to look into a very basic set of skis for riding up and down the lake. For now I need to take a pill and go to sleep.