Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Strange (or not) the 2 Japanese car companies with similar attitudes towards staff and changing personnel all the time are both floundering. IMO they both need a strong team manager who is left alone to run the team with staff that isn't being rotated in and out of Japan on a regular basis. I realize most of the pit lane crew are not from Japan but the engine people and a lot of the back room boys are.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    I believe it was de Ferran that undermined Willis,(I have no concrete evidence, just paddock rumour) ...
    That's enough evidence to start this kind of thread?
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Drifter
    Strange (or not) the 2 Japanese car companies with similar attitudes towards staff and changing personnel all the time are both floundering. IMO they both need a strong team manager who is left alone to run the team with staff that isn't being rotated in and out of Japan on a regular basis. I realize most of the pit lane crew are not from Japan but the engine people and a lot of the back room boys are.
    you really have to feel a bit for button here. he's sweat blood on that team, only considered moving because he was being stiched, has worked tirelessly since then, scored most of their points and their one win and has nothing to show for it.

the boy can drive but he's mounting a turd.

Its a bit of a pity that McLarri gate blew up otherwise he may have had a car next year to challenge
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    you really have to feel a bit for button here. he's sweat blood on that team, only considered moving because he was being stiched, ................................................

Like when he wanted to jump ship from Honda and move to Williams and then later on reneged on his contracted obligations to move to the same team he wanted to jump ship to?

Bunsen made his bed and it's poetic justice that he has to lie in a bed of shyte.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    Like when he wanted to jump ship from Honda and move to Williams and then later on reneged on his contracted obligations to move to the same team he wanted to jump ship to?

Bunsen made his bed and it's poetic justice that he has to lie in a bed of shyte.
    he was being stiched royally at the time and any driver worth his seat would not stand for that. drivers jumping is happening all the time and all of them will try and get the best drive for the next year.

your little friend Ant would have been off like a shot if he was poached but it was 1 year, not two and Honda had a tight noose.
    Justice is blind but doesn't have to be stupid.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Wrong stitches

Quote Originally Posted by Flat.tyres
    he was being stiched royally at the time and any driver worth his seat would not stand for that. drivers jumping is happening all the time and all of them will try and get the best drive for the next year.

your little friend Ant would have been off like a shot if he was poached but it was 1 year, not two and Honda had a tight noose.
    Actually, I want to go on record right now to refute what you say. For a start, bunsen was contracted to Honda when he tried to jump ship to Williams. Then he was contracted to Williams and he reneged.

As for Williams offering to give ant a test drive, it appears you know nothing about Williams's intentions. It was never for a race seat for one year. And I challenge you to give me one single instance where ant was disloyal to Honda.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scaliwag
    So the samurai sword has finally fallen on Gil de Ferran.

I see that as a positive step, I argued from the day of his appointment he would be a disaster for Honda, and it proved to be the case, it was he who employed Barrichello his close friend, a driver who had previously sold his WC ambition for a bank full of money when he signed up to be MS;s rear gunner.
    A driver who after winter testing plus several races announced he couldn't drive the car!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a capture from Ferrai that was.

I believe it was de Ferran that undermined Willis,(I have no concrete evidence, just paddock rumour) if team Honda are to improve, perhaps de Ferran's dismissal will prove to be the catalyst.
    Regards scaliwag.
    Absolute nonsense!

Gil does not regularly test drive the car nor does he have a full working knowledge of computational fluid dynamics.

Gil had no legitimacy to undermine Willis, Gil was just lurking in the background serving an apprenticeship in management.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    Absolute nonsense!

Gil does not regularly test drive the car nor does he have a full working knowledge of computational fluid dynamics.

Gil had no legitimacy to undermine Willis, Gil was just lurking in the background serving an apprenticeship in management.
    The only sway he had at Honda was in the hiring of his friend Rubens, and it did seem to be a very good choice at the time.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Valve Bounce
    The only sway he had at Honda was in the hiring of his friend Rubens, and it did seem to be a very good choice at the time.
    And still is!

Jenson was struggling more than Rubens in the first half of this season.

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    And still is!

Jenson was struggling more than Rubens in the first half of this season.

I don't mean that, although you do have a point there. But here is a guy, as I said before, who had outqualified and beaten SchM on equal terms on occasion.