Page 60 of 110 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Ohhh it's so not fair!!!! I can only get one ticket for Wembley and I've promised my dad I'd give it to him.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Juve should still be in Serie B (or C) after their max-fixing fiasco. One season is Serie B was a disgracefully soft punishment for the worst possible crime in football.
    My dear friend, so far no real-prove of cheating have been found except for some phone-calls, that punishment was more than enough !

Btw for a while I tought you were going to comment about those Southampton players stealing money from a garderobe in a night Club...you disappointed me...
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    When I go back to work tomorrow I expect the plastic Scousers and Mancs to say "who cares" and "We're only concentrating on the Champions League" and the usual drivel. But they don't mean it. They will be hurting.
    Sir Alex (I'm a grumpy old *******) Ferguson:"It's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot explain it. Managers get sacked because of things like that and he's going to referee a game next week. He's not doing his job properly and he needs to be assessed. I'm assessed as a manager, players are assessed, referees should be assessed properly by the right people. That performance today should not be accepted by our game."
    This sounds like someone who was concentrating on the Champions League

Myself as a Liverpool fan... hurting? Kinda. Bloody irate, disgusted and calling for those American gits to just Gordon Ramsey off? Absolutely.

Semi's:
    Barnsley v Cardiff
    Portsmouth v West Brom

I actually don't care who wins, because whoever does it will mean somebody completely different is getting a bit of silverware and a bit of glory. No prima-donnas paid 100,000 a week are going to win it - proper football people from footballing towns are going to win. Brilliant.
    I totally agree with this sentiment. The romance of the FA Cup is back! Four clubs who've all killed giants now have a chance at silverware. I despise the idea of putting Premier League clubs in only the 3rd round in the first place, and this shows why.

As a neutral now (grumble, grumble) the 2008 FA Cup race will be the most interesting and dare I say it, exciting in living memory. And to top that off, it's back at home where it should be - Wembley.

Brilliiiiiant, Fantastiiiiiic!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Torres is turning out to be brilliant this season....finally he is transforming his talent into performance...bye Inter Milan. Go Liverpool and Barcelona of course
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    As far as I'm concerned the magic of the cup never went. The final isn't in May, it's the first Sunday of the year. For the majority of teams in England there is just a hope that on that day in early December your team gets called out next to one of the big ones.

I absolutely love going out and getting hamered on 2nd round Saturday and then getting up all hungover on the Sunday to watch the shocking teams on BBC (think in was Mansfield and Harrogate Railway this year) and then watching the 3rd round draw. At that point, no mattter who you support, it's impossible not to have a intake of breath or little cheer when Man Utd get an away fixture at Crawley.

Incidentally, did you see that if Cardiff win the cup they might not be able to play in the UEFA cup because they are ruled by the Welsh FA?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo
    Incidentally, did you see that if Cardiff win the cup they might not be able to play in the UEFA cup because they are ruled by the Welsh FA?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ty/7292287.stm

When the FAW formed the League of Wales in 1992, Cardiff, Swansea City and Wrexham all decided not to join it choosing to remain playing in the English Football League.
    As a result, Uefa decided the clubs would no longer be allowed to compete in the Welsh FA Cup and therefore would not be allowed to qualify for Europe that way.
    The FAW agreed with that decision and Uefa take the view that because they play in English competitions, they are English clubs.

In the case of Cardiff they've been playing in England for practically ever. They even won the FA Cup in 1927, so if they wanted proof that for UEFA purposes they were an "English" club, I'd be fronting up to the court and slam a big fecking silver trophy on the desk as evidence.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think they could play but being "classified" as an English team.

see the case of Derry City FC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Cup_2006-07
    Fan of Timo Glock and proud of it! :champion: 3 podiums, new start as a Virgin :p

This is the point where I'd hoped to go "Ha ha" to Bezza, but Blackpool-Preston was a scoreless bore draw. With the two sides only separated by a point and potentially within 2 games of the drop, it's certainly a strange state of affairs.

Personally I hope that it's you fellows who go down and not us... as is what you'd expect

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Premier League Title Race back on: Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea seperated by just 3 points at the mo. and with chelsea to play man utd and arsenal at home ,you got to fancy their chances of possibly winning the premiership which i never thought i would say.

Wolves having hit and miss form at the mo, we can lose one poor game against preston, yet beat burnley away comfortably. It's just been one of them seasons for Wolves.

Champions League, anyone else think that the draw is fixed with the possibility 0f a 3rd semi final clash between liverpool and chelsea in 4 years? Do you reckon UEFA hate Chelsea that much? : Kind of disappointed that arsenal got liverpool, the two in form sides in the Champions League, but it will be a classic game.
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Must mention a great win for Fulham. Leon Andreasen in centre-mid is absolute class!

WE ARE STAYING UP!