Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Vamos Blaugrana!

Olympoo vs Chelski

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    0-1 crap.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it just me or has the Premier League gone mad lately?

1) Huge scorelines: Chelsea 4-4 A Villa, Spurs 6-4 Reading, i've never known a season where there are so many goals in one game.

2) Horror Tackles: It isnt just the premier league, ive seen it in the lower leagues too, but 2 footed tackles and leg breaking tackles are just not acceptable at this level.

3) Open Season: Everyone said Man Utd running away with it, and Arsenal looking strong, with Chelsea and Liverpool looking weak, but Man Utd lost today and Arsenal have slipped up a couple of times over the past few weeks, and with pompey, man city and everton all looking strong, i get the feeling this is one of the more open seasons for a long time (As long as Liverpool win their spare games)
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liverpool couldn't break Man City, Torres had a couple of great chances earlier and they dominated the second half but no goals.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'll be at the Spurs v Newcastle game on Mar. 30. Not the best game in the world but its the only ticket I could land while town that week.

Any a Spurs fan here who can give advice on a decent place to eat in North London???
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 112 Times in 94 Posts
    Happy new year!

I hope 2008 is like 2006!

(as regards to Barca and Jube )

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pvtjoker
    I'll be at the Spurs v Newcastle game on Mar. 30. Not the best game in the world but its the only ticket I could land while town that week.

Any a Spurs fan here who can give advice on a decent place to eat in North London???
    On the subject of future games is their any Pompey or Birmingham City fans going to the game against my Sunderland team this month?

Horrible times for them. The Pompey game is something like 1:30 whilst the City game is the worst of them all...8pm!
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What does everyone make of Derby's recent transfers? Does it save them from relegation or is it a case of, "change happening too late to make difference"?
    "No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair." - General George S. Patton

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pvtjoker
    What does everyone make of Derby's recent transfers? Does it save them from relegation or is it a case of, "change happening too late to make difference"?
    I think they will easily stay up because they have used money to try to stay up.

They have a lot of points to make up before they get out of the drop zone, but they in one swoop have signed two of the type of players many who come up would love to have. Players who have earned themselves a recognisable household name with famous teams and know the ways of the Premiership inside and out.

I am miffed at the signing at the same time because:

a) In the article on soccernet Paul Jewell said Robbie had said to him he was convinced to come because, and I quote "he believed that if Derby were relegated, they would bounce straight back next season."

Does that mean certain teams not that far above them won't be able to bounce straight back up?

b) Speaking of those certain team not that far above them, doesn't say a lot for them that they cannot be appealing to names like Savage and Robert.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Sam Allardyce sacked by Newcastle....who's the next one , Shearer ?