Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1094
    Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_man
    Im not

As far as Beckham goes, someone who was at the Rangers game was on Talksport radio today and said whilst he looks okay and at home in the Milan team, he's nowhere near good enough for England anymore.

The Italian league has always been notoriously slow anyway so it should suit him fine. Unfortunately it will probably make him look good which means Capello will keep picking him, something he should have stopped doing years ago.
    I don't care whether Beck is still good for England or not but saying Ital league is notoriously slow it's ridiculous...when was last time you watched a Serie A match ? 1964 ? : I saw Liverpool vs Chelsea last week and I almost fall asleep

Quote Originally Posted by leopardsleeping
    I have been following Beckham when he played for MU, for his beautiful left handed shot at every game. The decision to come back playing at European league will obviously enliven Calcio league, may he contribute as much worth of amount Milan paid as the team he is currently playing for. Seems I was tempted again to watch football. Good move Beckham.
    With all the respect for Beck who I believe he's a nice person and great player, Serie A didn't need him to stay "alive" don't forget who plays in Italy :

Kaka, Ibravimoch, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Milito, Pato, Lavezzi, Trezeguet, Nedved, Adriano, Figo, Mancini, Veira, Amauri, Zarate, Stankovich, Sissoko, Mutu, Julio Battista, Mexes, Mendes, Pandev, Vucinic, Julio Cesar... and I could continue this for hours :
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

who do you think the best football player in the world is???

who do you think the best player is???

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    wouldn't this question be better on a soccer forum? Its like asking PETA who their favourite fur coat wearing celebrity is

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Fred...no this is Chit Chat. It is allowable to like other sports other than racing. Us hockey nuts have our thread...

My favourite footballer?? Now to ask ME that would be like asking someone from PETA about a model in a fur. The last football (soccer to me) match I watched live was back when I played as a kid.....

However, I do see the highlights and I get a kick out of that lout Rooney. I know he is a bit of twit but he scores some decent goals...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Basset
    wouldn't this question be better on a soccer forum? Its like asking PETA who their favourite fur coat wearing celebrity is
    Football. Not soccer
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vauxhall corsa
    i used to think my uncle( Nigel Spackman) was a great Football player( played for liverpool, chelsea, bournemouth, Glasgow Rangers and a few others. Was also the manager of Millwall and Sheff United)..only because he used to get me free tickets to football games and free football gear ha ha
    the big print giveth the small print taketh

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Steve, I would have to say he couldn't have been too bad if he played in the Premier league and went on to be a manager. Your bias would be justified eh?

Alas the closest anyone in my family has come to professional athletics is my aunt once was on a double date with Bobby Orr and his friend ( Bobby's friend with my aunt) We wont go into that....he didn't play any football.....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Quote Originally Posted by steve_spackman
    i used to think my uncle( Nigel Spackman) was a great Football player( played for liverpool, chelsea, bournemouth, Glasgow Rangers and a few others. Was also the manager of Millwall and Sheff United)..only because he used to get me free tickets to football games and free football gear ha ha
    Please don't use "Bold" letters...thank you

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vauxhall corsa
    Here are the best 3 :

Messi
    Kaká
    Ibrahimovich

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Here are the best 3 :

Messi
    Kaká
    Ibrahimovich
    Whoa there for just a minute. Anyone who is capable of having such an appaling game as Ibrahimovich did against Liverpool last year cannot be called great : He looked like he didn't know what football was.

Anyway for my mind it's probably:

Cristiano Ronaldo (I despise him but he's pretty good)
    Thierry Henry (of a few years ago)
    Rob Edwards (for what I will always know as 'that goal'
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.