Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New IRL Chassis

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

New IRL Chassis

With the current Dallara chassis now several years old at what point will the IRL commision a new chassis? Should it be a multi chassis formula or maintain the spec series. At some point the car will start to look dated and with Champ Car's pretty Panoz perhaps the IRL will need a change?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe they are working on a new chassis set to debut in 2009 or whereabouts.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I personally find the Panoz chassis to be good looking, i can't understand why somebody think that it is not. The RPM's of engines are a little bit low, but the price is too.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I hope they come up with a set of numbers, rules, and parameters and have the teams come up with their own cars.... like the old days . That way the constructor points would actually mean something.

Same thing with the engines. Bring back the Offenhausers, Cosworths !
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    There will not be motor competition in the way we used to see it. IT takes manufacturers for that....and they seem to be shying away from CCWS and the IRL both because of the limited return they get for the money....
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As long as the series is as tight as it is this season, I don't mind a spec series. Technology competition should always be second to driving competition. Otherwise I might as well watch F1.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Komahawk is right, this is better for racing because all the teams are on similar setups. So small teams like Dreyer Reinbold can actually compete top 5 on some occasions, and more credit can go to the driver than just the car. The only issue I have with the Dallara is that apparently it's not as good on road courses. As far as the Panoz looking better, what does that have to do with anything?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickfalzone
    Komahawk is right, this is better for racing because all the teams are on similar setups. So small teams like Dreyer Reinbold can actually compete top 5 on some occasions, and more credit can go to the driver than just the car. The only issue I have with the Dallara is that apparently it's not as good on road courses. As far as the Panoz looking better, what does that have to do with anything?
    Well to be honest, it's easier to support and be a fan of a series with really cool looking machines. The early Dallaras were butt ugly. I hope this project the IRL has in conjunction with an auto design school comes up with something awesome, even though the final designs aren't due out until 2011.
    HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazbot
    With the current Dallara chassis now several years old at what point will the IRL commision a new chassis?
    They were supposed to have new chassis this year. But there are only 3 teams that can afford a new car. I'll leave you to guess on who.

I say either go back to front engine roadsters or merge!
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Merge is the only option.
    SKOL VIKINGS!