Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Excellent news. Some are calling for journalists to pull out of dangerous areas, but it's tribute to those who do an often dangerous job that they're determined to stay and face the risks.

Congratulations to Alan, and I hope he can enjoy his freedom.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oily oaf
    Never more so my little Kiwi Fruit.

In fact my admiration for Johnstone is growing with every passing hour as he gives interview upon interview to various media organisations conducting himself with incredible stoicism, verbosity and even a sprinkling of dry humour.
    When he was asked by a Sky TV journo whether he planned to return to Gaza at some point he laughed politely and retorted that three years living there combined with 114 days of captivity was enough Gaza to be getting on with for the time being.
    I think a BBC colleague put it rather well when he pointed to the monitors as Alan gave yet another account of his ordeal and said "Look at him! Look at him! That's after 114 days! He's a bloody superman!
    Quite.

PS Leon mate. You wouldn't happen to know the wind speed and direction coupled with visibility in Malin Head, Cromarty and Biscay by any chance?
    (picks up notebook, licks tip of pencil and waits)
    My thoughts exactly sir. You make a very good point, as you always do (well, most of the time )

But seriously I get what you're saying and I agree.

I don't think we've heard anything about this at all in New Zealand - at least not that I've heard.

As for the wind... um, it's blowing to the left, at a speed of 1.41421356 metres per second, and the visibility is 34%.
    Give Leon a kick and tell him to get to work!