Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bt52b
    Backward step. Reduce costs but not the number of rallies. Less rallies, less media, less sponsors?
    Somehow I tend to think like this also. Less everything.

Sometimes the best way to cut costs is to get more income.
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Sauron
    So... Except for the S2000 rule, no difference between current cars and future ones?
    WRCars are out so I reckon it's a major change.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    And that's another step to wrong direction. I don't want to see lawnmovers in Neste Rally...
    Blessed are the woodheads since when the flood will arise they won't drown.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka
    From where do you get that one...it specifically says on the press release that from 2012 world rally cars will be four-wheel drive and turbo-charged, based on mass-produced Group N and S2000 specification cars.
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

MJW
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    From where do you get that one...it specifically says on the press release that from 2012 world rally cars will be four-wheel drive and turbo-charged, based on mass-produced Group N and S2000 specification cars.
    This was quoted about 6 weeks ago with the Vision 2012, its designed that WRC cars will be the pinnacle, but can be downgraded to regional or national spec, Group N or S2000 format.

MJW
    It will be interesting how these 12 rallies are selected. There was talk earlier this year that Sweden & Norway diluted each others number of visitors, and I guess Ireland and Wales Rally GB could experience the same thing this year. Maybe "paired events could alternate each year, also it makes sense for Australia and NZ to alternate each year to reduce travel costs for teams. Somehow I cant see Monte being dropped as it does offer a glamourous location to start a season and along with RAC (Wales GB) is one of the original famous rallies left since Safari was dropped. Wales GB is another event that offers something different especially with thereturn to night stages this year and its almost certain "difficult weather making for an unique challenge" maybe these 2 events could bookend the season and be permanent fixtures. Finland is another event that is unique for its speeds and jumps. Personally I would not miss the hot Mediteranean garvel events, except Acropolis, another "history event". Argentina is another event that offers something different, Mina Clavero, Condor etc, especially if there is snow.I guess there will be a lot of dealing to be done before now and October. Perhaps organisers will now scramble to make their event unique after years of trying to be exactly like every other event in the championship.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MJW
    I guess there will be a lot of dealing to be done before now and October.
    I'm sure there will be...24 events want to be on the calendar and there is room only for 12...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I for one am relieved about only having 12 events. Surely there must be a huge financial saving for the teams in logistics alone in not haivng to organise 4 less rallies alone.

The burning question is, who will get the nod and who will get the flick?
    I tend to think the rallies that get a lot of spectator support will hold thier place in the WRC calender.
    I simply cant see the FIA dumping Wales GB, Monte Carlo, Finland or Argentina... Portugal as well maybe. The turn out to those rally's is enough to keep them in the championship alone.
    The remaining rallies should offer more of a variety of surfaces rather than the gravel championship we seem to have now (or is that just how I see things?).

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    12 events was a good move.....10 would be even better. i think they should enforce this rule from 2008.

Liked 657 Times in 352 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJippo
    WRCars as they stand now, are not based on GrN cars. Even if they are still called World Rally Cars in future, if they are homologated in Group N instead of Group A we'll be in world of hurt. Specifially, I fear that basing future WRCars on mass-produced Group N cars, the easy way of building custom-made top-notch rally car will be blocked and we are back in problems that original Group A had.