Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 56 Posts
    Toyota seem to be splitting hairs as far as their Rally2 plans are concerned.

Previously, they were adamant there would be no "official" driver(s). Today's confirmation that they will field two young Japanese drivers under the junior program points to some level of official involvement.

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...uits/10560021/

Liked 618 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240RS View Post

Previously, they were adamant there would be no "official" driver(s). Today's confirmation that they will field two young Japanese drivers under the junior program points to some level of official involvement.

Not necessarily WRC2 Toyota Team though.
    Last edited by WRCStan; 22nd December 2023 at 10:28.

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Why?

They need a new plan.
    To me it looks more and more likely that the rumors about Toksport financial troubles were true.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: cali (23rd December 2023)
    Liked 618 Times in 329 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    To me it looks more and more likely that the rumors about Toksport financial troubles were true.
    How does that mean M-Sport badly need a driver? Their car is nearly expired with no word of another.

Liked 3,800 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 240RS View Post

But this is nothing new. They are not official factory drivers, but it is programme of development of the drivers. From beginning it was sure that in this project from 2024 they will step up into R5 cars...

Liked 11,169 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    How does that mean M-Sport badly need a driver? Their car is nearly expired with no word of another.
    I was reacting to your post about Bulacia leaving Škoda.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Does anyone know details about how did Toksport Skoda programme work in recent seasons? Like was Mikkelsen paid by Skoda or Toksport? How many drivers were paid and how many drivers were just renting car? Or any other interesting details that don't come to my mind? Or was it only about creating the Skoda army so other manufacturers don't have a chance to get the championship, so they support Toksport with material and personnel in order to run as many cars as possible?

Liked 3,800 Times in 1,689 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Does anyone know details about how did Toksport Skoda programme work in recent seasons? Like was Mikkelsen paid by Skoda or Toksport? How many drivers were paid and how many drivers were just renting car? Or any other interesting details that don't come to my mind? Or was it only about creating the Skoda army so other manufacturers don't have a chance to get the championship, so they support Toksport with material and personnel in order to run as many cars as possible?
    Of course people knows these details. But I am sure almost nobody will publish them on public forum

Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    And is it possible that some of them would atleast reveal some if that without going into details?

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    I think it's pretty clear just by looking there was varying levels of works support for many of the Toksport drivers. Mikkelsen had no sponsors on the car, others did but for example Lindholm was also a Skoda Motorsport test driver and did promotional work too.