Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Liked 304 Times in 214 Posts
    I wonder if Desi Henry will take part to the Citroën Cup(he's on entrylist of Turkey Rallysprint this coming weekend in a C3)

Liked 359 Times in 193 Posts
    There were 10 entered as early as the Donegal this year so certainly one of the cars to have in Ireland:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/entries...al-rally-2023/

The C3 has had its 2nd wind this year winning championships in the Canary Islands for example and appears to have taken off far better than the Fabia eve did. Bit of a thumbed nose to M-sport in one of its former prime markets though..

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Got to imagine that it's largely the efforts of Race and Rally as importer that has appealed to customers in Ireland. They've probably made it relatively easy to run a C3 there compared to other models.

Liked 405 Times in 252 Posts
    I wonder where the prize money is coming from. Some from Michelin? From the press release for the Rally4 Cup it sounded like there was some financial support from Peugeot/Opel... At what level I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Got to imagine that it's largely the efforts of Race and Rally as importer that has appealed to customers in Ireland. They've probably made it relatively easy to run a C3 there compared to other models.
    Do they rent Rally2/Rally4 cars out for rallies or just at most provide on-event support for their customers who have bought a car from them? Asking for a friend...

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Do they rent Rally2/Rally4 cars out for rallies or just at most provide on-event support for their customers who have bought a car from them? Asking for a friend...
    I'm not that familiar with their operation I'm afraid but they're definitely a major supplier of parts at least. From the take up of the C3 I can only imagine people are happy with their services!

Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Severn Valley Stages to run 60 stage miles for the cost of 45 miles this year. Stages to include Myherin, Sweet Lamb, Hafren and at least one stage in Sarnau, so Cwmysgawen/Cwmcynydd or both. The article also says that it will be a round of the Stellantis Motorsport Cup - I don't think the calendar for that has been released yet unless I've missed it? Should be a great event, hopefully with a big entry.

https://rallynutsrally.co.uk/rallynu...ering-in-2024/

7. Likes: AndyRAC (29th December 2023),HKSjbg (29th December 2023),the sniper (29th December 2023)
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    When they mentioned a return to Llandrindod Wells, I expected they would then use Crychan, Halfway etc as was the case previously; however they're still using the stages they've used for the last few years after moving the event to April.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

9. Likes: archie106 (29th December 2023)
    I hope they can keep it going like that after this year’s 50th anniversary event. The Trackrod Historic has been 90km for a few years now, clearly the historic lot are happy to do these slightly longer events.

What would be really cool is if Saturdays could be a 90km historic rally and Sundays a 70km BTRDA rally for a longer BRC round. The number of entries for the Trackrod Historic and Trackrod Forest Stages are each enough to support two mutually exclusive days of rallying.

Eventually the BRC/MSUK must take notice that this idea of the clubman+ competitor for the BRC is a dead-end of 6-9 entries per round. These ‘longer, tougher events’ like the whopping 74km of the Cambrian aren’t really getting anyone’s pulse racing…

It’s a shame that the Trackrod has been dropped while the Cambrian hasn’t for ‘24 but at least the Severn Valley Rally will be doing something Trackrod-like. It’s got a good chance of coming to fruition as well with the BHRC competitors giving the event the needed entries. I wonder how much extra the entry fee the organiser will be footing will be - it seems like potentially a lot of cash for the rally organiser to just gift the entrants out of good will!

11. Likes: AndyRAC (30th December 2023),the sniper (29th December 2023)
    This is a surprising one; Snowman Rally is cancelled:

Postponed due to "late setbacks with the original planned route and proposed changes to the way we engage with the landowners [Forestry & Land Scotland] which leaves us in too uncertain a position to proceed"
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/8...an-rally-2024/

Also there’s an itinerary viewable for the North West Stages:

https://www.ewrc-results.com/timetab...t-stages-2024/

5 stages run twice instead of the usual thrice. Unless a lot of them are longer than previous years, this may be a disappointingly short BRC round