Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Again excuses

Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    The true top-liners should be able to "drive around" these problems.

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    What a bunch of losers.
    I expect the drivers have a point and will no doubt take a little time to adjust. Worth remembering we are talking about fractions of seconds here.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I’m sure that the guys Kimi and the others tell the truth ..

It’s also strange that a tyre supplier (in this case Bridgestone) choose tyres to teams , because it takes a way any possibilities to tactical choices for teams. Which is only making races more boring - usually the car in pole also wins the race today (except Massas mistake in Malaysia)..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Massa was on Michellins in 2004 and switched to Bridgstones in 2005 if I am not mistaken and Hamilton was on slicks which is a totally different tire.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian McC
    I expect the drivers have a point and will no doubt take a little time to adjust. Worth remembering we are talking about fractions of seconds here.

The guys are evenly matched so its going to come to a tenth of second or two.

Little things like refining your driving style will make the difference.

James Allen noted that Alonso was not happy with the bigger, heavier brake discs on the front of his car in Bahrain.

I've noticed how Alonso still has his trademark driving style but its not as aggressive when he was in the Renaults.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    what if a driver has a defined driving style and they are suck driving any other way. Its possible. If ALonso was agressive and that worked for him and made him super fast perhaps being smooth is not going to give him that extra speed ...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by futuretiger9
    The true top-liners should be able to "drive around" these problems.
    Well said, driver, car and tires are important, but I didn't see tires problem as important as the engine problem, and the engine problem as important as the driver, the genuine top liners are supposed to overcome these problems.

Liked 65 Times in 42 Posts
    I tend to agree with ioan on this one. These guys should have sorted out any tire related issues by now. They've had all offseason and 4 races to get used to the tires.

If Alonso and Raikkonen are still behind their teammates because of tires you'd have to question just how good are these guys. DC is up against Webber who was on Bridgestones last year and DC seems to have any problems with the tires sorted just nicely. Strange that the two fastest men in F1 today can't seem to do the same.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    What a bunch of losers.
    Yep.

Except the best driver on the grid - Massa and the greatest ever to drive a F1 car..Michae...err
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    The most stupid claim would be to say that Hamilton dominates Alonso... He´s 2 points ahead. I´d say both have done a pretty good job so far... It´obvious that Ferrari are faster these day and they managed to keep McLaren ahead in the WCC. Perhaps some think that Alonso is a loser because he didn´t win 4 races this season but except Bahrain he did a very good job.

I will not say how much time a driver would need to adapt to a new tire because I don´t have a clue...

Perhaps the reason why DC is doing a better job than his team mate is because MW is not as good as some might think.

"they are a bunch of losers" is my favorite so far... They probably have the job they´ve always dreamt, they earn millions every year etc etc... and here comes a guy that spends hours reading articles about them, talking about them, worshiping one of them as if he was God Himself claiming they´re a bunch of losers.... Hilarious.