Interviewer: ,,What has Kalle's advice been?''
    Taka: ,,Just angle and flat-out!''

2. Likes: TWRC (5th August 2023)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Taka: ,,Kalle has tough me with condirions like this''
    Interviewer: ,,What has Kalle's advice been?''
    Taka: ,,Just angle and flat-out!''
    This sums up the Rally1 style in general, at least on loose surfaces.

Liked 9,393 Times in 5,000 Posts
    WRC was kind of unlucky to lose VW (dieselgate), and then also Citroen (C3 failed Ogier). Imagine if they had both stayed.
    #M-SPORTER

5. Likes: BleAivano (5th August 2023),cali (5th August 2023),Eli (5th August 2023)
    Liked 664 Times in 357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    WRC was kind of unlucky to lose VW (dieselgate), and then also Citroen (C3 failed Ogier). Imagine if they had both stayed.
    If you start on that road, you can add to that list likes of Peugeot, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mini, Suzuki, Seat, Skoda and few more if you go further back in time.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (5th August 2023),EstWRC (5th August 2023),seb_sh (5th August 2023)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Nobody talking about the actual rally? At least the fight in Rally2 has been quite good although a lot of accidents, problems and punctures there too.

9. Likes: becher (5th August 2023),cali (6th August 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Nobody talking about the actual rally? At least the fight in Rally2 has been quite good although a lot of accidents, problems and punctures there too.
    Yes, rally2 class is much more interesting, sadly enough.
    Its sad to say, i don't care about the Rally1's anymore, i'm fed up. I really don't care if Hyundai, Toyota and M-sport just pull the plug.
    I'm not the only one, obviously.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 9,393 Times in 5,000 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    If you start on that road, you can add to that list likes of Peugeot, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Mini, Suzuki, Seat, Skoda and few more if you go further back in time.
    But the VW & Citroen withdrawals weren't purely due to high WRC costs.

Liked 664 Times in 357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    But the VW & Citroen withdrawals weren't purely due to high WRC costs.
    Neither were those that I quoted - most left as their results didn't match their expectations or past performance. Cost is not an issue if you're successful. Besides, WRC budgets are a drop in ocean for big manus.

13. Likes: becher (6th August 2023)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    Neither were those that I quoted - most left as their results didn't match their expectations or past performance. Cost is not an issue if you're successful. Besides, WRC budgets are a drop in ocean for big manus.
    BMW pulled the plug on the prodrive mini wrc program down to money.
    Subaru pulled the plug on the WRC when there was a recession and down to money. Mitsubishi never really developed their car to WRC spec and was just a glorified grp A car so that was down to competitiveness but what did they expect.
    PSA ran Peugeot and Citroen so pointless competing against themselves, so one team made way for the other. As is the case with Seat and Skoda, different brands under same owners so pointless running two teams, Seat giving way to Skoda for a while but then stopped in top category to concentrate on lower category and domination (while another brand under the same ownership developed a WRC car that went on to dominate)
    Last edited by Norm75; 6th August 2023 at 09:18.

15. Likes: seb_sh (6th August 2023),TWRC (6th August 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    BMW pulled the plug on the prodrive mini wrc program down to money.
    Subaru pulled the plug on the WRC when there was a recession and down to money. Mitsubishi never really developed their car to WRC spec and was just a glorified grp A car so that was down to competitiveness but what did they expect.
    PSA ran Peugeot and Citroen so pointless competing against themselves, so one team made way for the other. As is the case with Seat and Skoda, different brands under same owners so pointless running two teams, Seat giving way to Skoda for a while but then stopped in top category to concentrate on lower category and domination (while another brand under the same ownership developed a WRC car that went on to dominate)
    Indeed it is also my impression that the "they were not winning so they pulled out" was the WRC being in denial and blaming the manufacturers for leaving instead of looking at themselves and where they went wrong. Subaru and Suzuki somewhat concided with the global financial crysis and both companies were in deep trouble at the time so spending even a few milion on something 'frivolous' like the WRC must have been frowned upon in the board room.

Besides that I think a critical point was when the WRC Promoter, then headed by David Richards, insisted to hold 16 rallies instead of 14. The motivation was purely financial to get more TV revenue if i remember correctly. Then I remember all the teams moaning about costs and to counter balance that the rules changed from 3 nominated cars to 2. A side effect to this was losing McRae from full time driving. Of course things are more complex but for me that's the first time the WRC shot itself in the foot quite badly. This is all from memory so I am happy to be corrected if someone knows better, but this blaming of manufacturers "pulling out because they can't win" seems like a cheap excuse from people who didn't do a good enough job organising the championship.

17. Likes: Norm75 (6th August 2023)