Page 74 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Hehe... you poor guys.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    i can't stand Ingram, we get it that you're out of the car for a while but everything he says comes across as fake humble to me
    Ooooh, I agree with you. Before the rally Ingram promises to wipe floor with all the other contenders. Can’t see that happening so why boast…

Now all he is about at is “being away from WRC for such a long time” and “being in a older car….”

Well he only missed the last 3 rounds of last year as did many others and also the car he uses was the best choice around still one month ago so it can’t be that outdated.

Liked 16,098 Times in 6,987 Posts

4. Likes: Eli (21st January 2023)
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Narrow margins, really.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTate View Post
    Ooooh, I agree with you. Before the rally Ingram promises to wipe floor with all the other contenders. Can’t see that happening so why boast…

Now all he is about at is “being away from WRC for such a long time” and “being in a older car….”

Well he only missed the last 3 rounds of last year as did many others and also the car he uses was the best choice around still one month ago so it can’t be that outdated.
    I don't think he quite promised to wipe the floor with the opposition but was perhaps overconfident because of his solid performance here last year.

To be fair the competition is pretty tough here. The C3 was probably slightly better than the old Skoda on this type of event, the new Skoda seems to be a fair bit quicker than the old one. Formaux is in a Fiesta but on it's best surface and he's a fast tarmac driver. Surprise of RC2 for me is Lopez in the Hyundai.

Liked 3,796 Times in 1,983 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    To be fair the competition is pretty tough here. The C3 was probably slightly better than the old Skoda on this type of event, the new Skoda seems to be a fair bit quicker than the old one. Formaux is in a Fiesta but on it's best surface and he's a fast tarmac driver. Surprise of RC2 for me is Lopez in the Hyundai.
    Agree with all.

This is first time we can genuinely say that there is proof new Fabia is faster. But for sure this is on basically smooth and clean tarmac in stable conditions, does not mean it is faster also in different conditions. It is also on this kind of surface that the previous one was weakest (as well as on very fast gravel).

For me Lopez is also biggest surprise of the weekend. Though the stable conditions likely help.

Liked 16,098 Times in 6,987 Posts

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Agree with all.

This is first time we can genuinely say that there is proof new Fabia is faster. But for sure this is on basically smooth and clean tarmac in stable conditions, does not mean it is faster also in different conditions. It is also on this kind of surface that the previous one was weakest (as well as on very fast gravel).

For me Lopez is also biggest surprise of the weekend. Though the stable conditions likely help.
    New Skoda certainly looks very good, not just one driver setting fast times.
    The Ford must be very disheartening, it doesn’t even look bad, it’s just slow….
    I agree on Lopez, good effort.

10. Likes: cali (21st January 2023)
    Liked 125 Times in 58 Posts
    Will Lappi catch Serderidis on this one?

Liked 338 Times in 179 Posts
    Lappi will catch Serderidis

EDIT: He didnt, but almost 2min faster
    Last edited by Lead; 21st January 2023 at 16:25.