Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refutation
    Like I said awhile back in one of these threads "I can't wait to see what they do with this years Honda next year"
    Super Aguri would be well advised to skip straight to using the RA108. I believe that current Honda plans call for converting the RA107 carbon chassis to pencil leads at the first opportunity.

ClarkFan
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Samuel Clemens

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Don't get me wrong as I'M really happy that Sato and Super Aguri got a point, but I cant help feeling that no one is as happy for them as they would of been if it have been say Minardi.
    My phone has an alarm clock! Ner Ner! :p

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great news for Super Aguri and Sato not so good news for Honda :
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Well done, Taku-san!
    Formula 1

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    well deserved congratulations!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think that the only thing that would prevent HondaF1 from reverting to last year's car is that such an action would be a vote of no confidence in their current technical director, who replaced Geoff Willis last year. The current results show that the first car produced under his leadership is currently worse than an updated version of last year's car (designed when Willis was in charge).
    If I was Jenson Button I would be phoning Nick Fry right now to demand that they get last year's car out of storage, and run a rapid aero update program on it. Either that, or build an entirely new car - and quick. (Although given the performance of the current "new" car under current leadership, that still might not be an improvement...)

Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Yeah, congrats to Sato. Probably the first time he's been glad Honda dumped him

Quote Originally Posted by aryan
    Congradulation to Super Aguri. For their first point. They are doing a fantastic job and are rapidly becomming my favourite backmarker!

Guys, having SA doing this is fantastic for the sport. It shows that even in this modern age of wind tunnels and aerodynamic gadgets, small teams with limited resources can jump in and compete with the rest. Remember that this the team didn't exist 1.5 years ago!

When SA was first announced, I admit that I was among the many people on this forum who dismissed it outright as a marketing fling from Honda to save face for ditching Sato. Well, time has proved us all wrong. Sato has become such a mature and reliable driver, and this team is doing wonders.

Again, all credit to SA guys, beating last year's champions and the main Honda works team should feel good!
    I think that's overdoing it - it forgets/ignores that they're effectively running last year's Honda (which just shows up more and more what a dog this year's Honda is). If they were actually designing their own car, I doubt they would be doing so well right now.

Fair dos to them and all, but don't over-egg the pudding.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    fantastic effort by Super Aguri and Sato. Does anyone else also think they can score more points this season?
    Michael Schumacher - the most succesful driver in formula 1 history - ROBERT KUBICA!

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Good Job

Quote Originally Posted by Refutation
    Like I said awhile back in one of these threads "I can't wait to see what they do with this years Honda next year"

Fantastic Job Sato, I've always believed in you and Super Aguri.

They've made upgrades to this car, and considering what they did with the arrows last year they could probably get even more out of this car as the year goes on. Prediction: Sato will score a Podium on Merit at the USGP.
    The most important aspect of Tako's win was when he was half a second ahead of Fisi at Fisi's last pit stop, and the commentator on Formula1.com (LIVE) stated that Fisi would catch (or pass) Tako asap. Instead, the gap got wider and wider and Tako actually pulled away from the Renault.

I also note Tako's after race comments paying tribute to Honda Toshigi which is a separate R&D team from Team Honda. (God! I wish Eiji would come here to give us some inside info on this).

I was following Tako's lap times and he certainly wrung the neck of this car to gain those points. Who would begrudge this little guy Driver of the Race? He certainly has matured since Team Honda fired him. The resources that this team has at Leafield is miniscule compared with Team Honda, Williams, Renault and so on. Tako got his 1 point on merit!!
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well done to everyone at Super Aguri.
    cy bais