Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VodkaKick3
    The WRC Cars are not suited to his style of driving nowadays. He is a very fast driver but he will end up like Mcrae out of a drive soon because of their driving styles IMO

Liked 35 Times in 18 Posts
    So you think P. Solberg is not good enough, Grönholm is loosing speed because is getting old and watching Loeb is boring.
    Why don't you leave your computer screens, go to the forests and stop writing nonsense.
    Stay at a fast and tricky portion of a stage (forget hairpins and crossings), doesn't matter if it is snow, gravel or tarmac. You will see there is nothing between them in speed and balls and that the rest are far away.
    Difference on the time sheets comes from the car in the straights and uphill sections.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The crash or incident happiness of both petter and chris relates largely to how difficult the impreza has become to drive.

look at the in-car and the drivers are constantly fighting the front end (last year), and this year they constantly fight the back end under brakes and have no confidence under braking.

they both say it is inconsistent as well.

putting quick stage times in the impreza, even according to the team management, comes at a far higher risk than in any other car out there.

this means that, when they are quick, they will go off fairly regularly. when they don't go off, they are slow.

tough spot to be in.
    the wise man does at once what the fool does finally - macchiavelli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Priorat
    Stay at a fast and tricky portion of a stage (forget hairpins and crossings), doesn't matter if it is snow, gravel or tarmac. You will see there is nothing between them in speed and balls and that the rest are far away.
    Difference on the time sheets comes from the car in the straights and uphill sections.
    Downhill corners are in my opinion best way to see differences in drivers, brakingpoints and how much program they have to get out from the corner.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sure the Impreza is a poor car right now, but when I think of great drivers in poor cars I keep thinking of Schumacher during his 1st season or 2 at Ferrari, the car was usually a bit of the pace and reliability was terrible, yet he drove the wheels of it every race and didnt make many mistakes, ok different sport but I do think Petter has put the car off too often, no one can dispute his speed, and I'm glad he is still in WRC, it would be poorer without him, but a real 'great' driver IMO would keep it on the road better
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I dont think petter has done nothing wrong, he is number 1 driver in the team and his job is to win rallyes, nowdays he has to overdrive quite much to keep in pace and often goes off i think because of that, anyway its better to try to win than to settle for 4-6.
    To compaire whos is fastest or best driver is difficult if they dont sit in the same car, if they happen to sit its very easy.
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey T
    The crash or incident happiness of both petter and chris relates largely to how difficult the impreza has become to drive.

look at the in-car and the drivers are constantly fighting the front end (last year), and this year they constantly fight the back end under brakes and have no confidence under braking.

they both say it is inconsistent as well.

putting quick stage times in the impreza, even according to the team management, comes at a far higher risk than in any other car out there.

this means that, when they are quick, they will go off fairly regularly. when they don't go off, they are slow.

tough spot to be in.
    You got completely right!!!
    Waiting subbie to come back and maybe win:D

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I continually rate Petter quite highly and it's quite evident that the last seasons' problem has been the car.

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    He's top class and so is Phil Mills. A competitive Petter next year is ESSENTIAL for the WRC. The smile on his face when he's winning makes rallying worth watching.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Constant car problems are causing problems with Peter's consistency and speed. And that's not only seen in rallying. You can't get good at something if you don't practice without interruptions. To bad he has to deal with all that.
    But on the brights site, it's a good experience how do deal with problems during rallies. It may serve him well in the future and prevent many DNFs.