Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Without Grönholm the Loeb show will be even more boring. He is the only one who can make things interesting.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Indeed i think Gronholm is best at creating the delusion that someone else might win a rally.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T
    Indeed i think Gronholm is best at creating the delusion that someone else might win a rally.
    So you do have a delusion that Seb has been the only winner this year sofar...
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    yes

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
    I want to see how NOT is going to change his jacket out of this one
    Another Flying Finn

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Loeb has made WRC boring for spectators and people watching TV. Although if we were in his position we wouldn't be slowing so i can't blame him for being so dominant but it is boring as hell.
    TV spends too much time letting us know whats happening "up front" well we damn well know whats happening when Loeb is winning, show us some other battles which make it look slightly more exciting than the borefest that is Loeb and his dominance....
    "It's the most fun you can have with your pants on" - Possum Bourne

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I think some people here are giving Gronholm too much praise, in saying the reason why Loeb is dominating is because the C4. That was the excuse which was used when he had the Xsara. Then when he went to a privately funded team, and Gronholm was in a works team, again, they said the privately funded team was 'obviously' better than the works Focus, and now the C4, a brand new car, is better than the Focus which has been going for a long time. It couldn't be the fact Loeb is that good? It's not as if Ford have won the Constructors title is it? Or are leading it this year?

Sordo isn't exactly a poor rally driver, McRae and Sainz, thought past their best were still pretty exceptional, and Duval actually looked like a future regular WRC winner in his Ford days, before he came alongside Loeb, but none of these guys have come to matching Loeb. I think sometimes you have to look at what is happening, and just admit Loeb, yes he is making it boring by winning, but he is simply too good.

Gronholm, when he won his 2 titles was super quick, and never seemed to make mistakes. I remember Burns saying how impressive it was that Gronholm NEVER made mistakes. Loeb has come along, and Gronholm is having to push harder than ever, but with that he is making mistake after mistake as he pushes.

On a side note, I think the WRC will be a lesser place without Gronholm. The drivers in the WRC are very poor compared to what they have been, and Gronholm, if it wasn't for Loeb, would be the most successful driver by a mile, and dominating the WRC to an even greater extent than Loeb is over Gronholm. I do think the point system is unfair, when 6 rallies in, when one driver has won 4 rallies, and the other has won 1, there is only a 3pt difference!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree but Gronholm is a driver to be missed. It is not Loeb fault if he is better than the rest and yes rallying is boring because we only have two drivers and two teams, and out of them only two cars, fighting regularly for the win.

If Gronholm goes I think WRC will suffer badly and S2000 will get most of the attention.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by raphael123
    I think some people here are giving Gronholm too much praise, in saying the reason why Loeb is dominating is because the C4. That was the excuse which was used when he had the Xsara. Then when he went to a privately funded team, and Gronholm was in a works team, again, they said the privately funded team was 'obviously' better than the works Focus, and now the C4, a brand new car, is better than the Focus which has been going for a long time. It couldn't be the fact Loeb is that good? It's not as if Ford have won the Constructors title is it? Or are leading it this year?

Sordo isn't exactly a poor rally driver, McRae and Sainz, thought past their best were still pretty exceptional, and Duval actually looked like a future regular WRC winner in his Ford days, before he came alongside Loeb, but none of these guys have come to matching Loeb. I think sometimes you have to look at what is happening, and just admit Loeb, yes he is making it boring by winning, but he is simply too good.

Gronholm, when he won his 2 titles was super quick, and never seemed to make mistakes. I remember Burns saying how impressive it was that Gronholm NEVER made mistakes. Loeb has come along, and Gronholm is having to push harder than ever, but with that he is making mistake after mistake as he pushes.

On a side note, I think the WRC will be a lesser place without Gronholm. The drivers in the WRC are very poor compared to what they have been, and Gronholm, if it wasn't for Loeb, would be the most successful driver by a mile, and dominating the WRC to an even greater extent than Loeb is over Gronholm. I do think the point system is unfair, when 6 rallies in, when one driver has won 4 rallies, and the other has won 1, there is only a 3pt difference!
    spot on, I agree with every word, when drivers had to start paying for works drives it was the end of real talent coming to the top, now we are seeing the results of this, there is certainly one driver with citroen links who given a chance and seat time in a C4 could make Loeb sweat for his results, unfortunately he hadnt the funds......
    Deep down I'm a sound bloke!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cut the b.s.
    spot on, I agree with every word, when drivers had to start paying for works drives it was the end of real talent coming to the top, now we are seeing the results of this, there is certainly one driver with citroen links who given a chance and seat time in a C4 could make Loeb sweat for his results, unfortunately he hadnt the funds......
    persume your on about kris meeke
    ES