Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I'd like to nominate whomever turned this thread about the donkey of the race into a deep discussion about stuff that has no business in this thread , as the donkey of the thread .
    And , I'm not going to bother going back to see who it was .
    You know who you are .

Take it to chit chat , whether you're racist or non-racist .
    This is more about racing .

2. Likes: donKey jote (5th December 2016),Mia 01 (2nd December 2016),N4D13 (1st December 2016),The Black Knight (5th December 2016),truefan72 (1st December 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Donkey of the Race UAE

Poor Donkey

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Take it to chit chat , whether you're racist or non-racist .
    This is more about racing.
    What if you are... wait for it... motor racist?

I have extreme prejudice against BMW drivers on the basis of everything that they do on the roads. We all know what the W actually stands for.

(It's weird but even BMW has a world championship to its name).
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    A racist harbours prejudice against other races but someone with anti-multiculturalism views looks at the bigger picture in that it can cause division and fragment society into smaller closed groups, that it should not be encouraged and avoided if possible.
    Now let us break your definition of anti-multiculturalism down a touch or two. If we start with the title anti-multiculturalism, "anti" suggest "opposed to", multi cultures; in the case of multiculturalism, opposed to the existence or practice of the coexistence of multiple cultures in a single social system.

Then you speak of division or fragmentation and the inherent ontological framework for the representation of groups into subcultures. This process is only possible by identifying characteristics of certain groups of individual that reduce the group into a type of culture.

Now the problem here is by making such differentiation you inherently create a subconscious barrier as you would subconsciously think of these people as different. You therefore cannot interact with member of a group you do not see yourself associated with, in the manner that you would with an individual you naturally identify with. This unfortunately creates discrimination on the basis of cultural difference that you perceive in your interactions with other people.

The label Anti-Multiculturalist is a misnomer in a sense. Because if you really want to make such categorization of cultures, even in a social system with a predominant culture, would break down to further sub-categories of cultures within it. So how do you interact with society with this sort of outlook to the world. How do you expect people who would certainly notice your particular mannerism due to your ontological perspective, to react to you. Or do you expect them to be insensitive to your traits.

Also the very concept of division of culture is the very foundation of prejudices. You cannot be insensitive to individuals exhibiting the characteristics of a culture that you do not identify with, if you make such distinctions. Unfortunately, these sort of ontologies are the ingredients of prejudices which take the forms of Nationalism and the various forms of racism.

The fact of the matter, is that this perspective is not new nor does it hold any novelty of any kind. There are tons of literature dating back to the 1800s and beyond that have explored this view. As it goes, it was very central to thinking and movement of the Nazi movement in Germany. It was also instrumental in the labelling of Jews and the need for them to wear a yellow star so that they may be more easily identified as a member of a separate culture at a glance. You know where that led in the end don't you.

Then there was the Apartheid regimes of South Africa which was also essentially based on this very concept. The common theme here is that movements and people that have harbored this particular view have also exhibited intense intolerance for other groups that they did not identify with. Thus the inevitable prejudices and consequentially racisms that were afflicted on these outsider groups.

To conclude, you cannot have a separatist view of the world and not also harbour some level of prejudices as a result of these differences that exist in your society. The very foundation of choice is in the differences of things.

And by the way, what is a race? The British Act of parliament on racism have a much broader view than what you call race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st December 2016 at 22:17.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Chit chat , donkey .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Chit chat , donkey .
    I am sorry buddy. Just had to vent.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I am sorry buddy. Just had to vent.

Had to vent? Yes clearly.
    Oh the irony that you are intolerant to different views considering you just
    came a gnats ball hair away from calling me racist and just for having a different view to yours. Now that is funny!

Sorry Tazio, I won't say any more on the subject on this thread. :/

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Sorry Tazio

Don't apologize to me bro, I have enjoyed this discussion.
    Party on McZico
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Had to vent? Yes clearly.
    Oh the irony that you are intolerant to different views considering you just
    came a gnats ball hair away from calling me racist and just for having a different view to yours. Now that is funny!

Sorry Tazio, I won't say any more on the subject on this thread. :/
    I am sorry you take the view that l have called you a racist. l have not done that and you would not find anywhere in my post where l have called you a racist. I am not intolerant of your views either, l respect that you see your self as an ANTI MULTICULTURALIST. Personally my attitude is everyone to his own. What l have made clear though is what ANTI MULTICULTURALISM is and how it is not devoided of prejudice. I don't know how you practise your views but if you declare yourself to be one, then you have called yourself racist not me.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th December 2016 at 10:59.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Plenty of Donkeys but few that are of the race
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy