Page 288 of 318 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298 ... LastLast
Results 2,871 to 2,880 of 3180
    Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    Since everybody else posts their thoughts...

I feel sorry for Paddon/Kennard, they did not deserve to hit somebody.I look forward to hearing RMC's plans to improve the situation next year. There will be plans, hmm?

I enjoyed seeing a few RGTs go round, even if they were irrelevant. Judging by the number of youtube videos that featured them with mainly WRC1 content, so do other people.

Neuville... He should have maybe been more careful with the lead that he had, but he was unlucky too.

Neuville vs Tanak vs Ogier was pretty close once you adjust for the offs and mechanical issues. This looks very promising for the year ahead.

Why is there no service between Saturday and Sunday? People do not travel hundreds of miles and pay hundreds of Euros to not watch their favorite driver. What part of "spectator sport" do the FIA not understand? Every effort should be made to keep all cars on the road to the end. And why are they increasing the power stage points to make the last day more important, then excluding cars from the last day?

The rally should end at the end of the power stage, not at control after that. I know a century ago rallying was about long drives on public roads with occasional special stages, and there is a lot of enthusiast rallying like that now, but come on this is the WRC. Again, people do not travel hundreds of miles and pay hundreds of Euros to have the result decided on a public road away from the spectators/coverage. If Tanak had not reached control today, the FIA would be looking like idiots.

It's good to see that Toyota's car is OK-ish. Maybe not up with Hyundai/M-Sport, but they're not going to be like Ostberg was last year. On the other hand, I hate that bird chirping noise it makes even more than I hated the insectile chittering of the VWs we just got rid of.

Citroen... eh.

Kris, oh Kris.

Feeling good about the year to come.

Come on Kris, you can win the championship.
    You're suggesting changing integral parts of rallying.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    damm it refresh time tricky me.
    yes refresh doesn't work properly always,i ve experienced it me too.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    congrats to Ogier Ingrassia for the win,a little bit luck,but luck is with capables we use to say.
    Tanak,very good driving,at early stages faster from Ogier with same tyres/car/team.Very promising for the rest of season.Also no mistakes in a rally with pressure due to champ.Pitty that his fiesta had several problems.
    Neuville excellent pace,nice smooth drive while pushing,but catch some hot moments at some videos.Moments that everybody had,but he wasn't lucky.Again big promises for the rest season.
    Sordo is Sordo,when slippery is not up to do the job.
    Latvala,surprised that he didn't had major moments as he has used us.Maybe that he is in a team without the shadow of Ogier make good to his psychology? He done the job,he returned the car in one piece and with valuable data to analyse.
    Meeke...what to say? pitty that after his crash was in safe mode,must be the 3rd? rally with driving error?
    Lefebvre I cant see the reason he is in works seat.Try to remember something he had done to worth the seat,but cant.
    Breen nice drive,he did all the rally without mistakes,but at some videos we saw some overdriving that he could avoid.
    Evans excellent drive when circumstances allowed his tyres to perform.Didnt wait to win stages in straight fight with other fiestas,but we don't know yet if he had a tyre advantage.We keep it for future analysis.
    Ogier did a great rally,he was always in touch with leader,and finally with a bit of luck he managed to take the win.For sure he deserves it with extra pressure of new team and not so much preparation for Monte.

About the cars now.
    Hyundai seems that they are top, also the most reliable as I don't remember any problem at any car.
    Fiesta not reliable,plenty of problems,and imho not as fast as hyundais right now.Ogiers driving wasn't as smooth as we have used,after so many videos I watched.
    Toyota wasn't as fast as the others,when stages were drier,they were away from the stage winers,and there is where you will see the dynamic of a capable car.They were generaly reliable,except some small problems he had Latvala.Also powerfull enough as they were at same speed at long straights from videos with Hyundais and Fiestas.
    c3 was a bit of mystery.Was fast enough at early stages at Meekes hands,but after his retirement we didn't saw some potential.Imho this has to be due to Meekes determination after the retire.Lefebvres stage win doesn't count for me as he was the only one with proper tyres for this only stage.Reliability problems too.
    I keep all these in mind and see how they will evolute at next rallies.
    Roll on Sweden,i cant wait!
    I wanted to write my thoughts on the rally, but it would be a copy of this, spot on Dim!
    Only thing I add, really great job by Breen in my opinion, can't wait to see his next performances in the C3.

4. Likes: dimviii (22nd January 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Hello dear forum members. Here a couple of thougts on my second rallye montecarlo as spectator.
    You all have already given some nice and authoritative analysis about drivers performances and results. I don't want to add more on that. I Will rather share with you the positives and negatives I noticed yesterday and today (unfortunately I could not get in there since thursday as planned).

POSITIVES
    1) Montecarlo is a unique event. I don't know what else will make me get up in the night at 4:30 in a freezing cold area.
    When you enter the stage you always feel the emotion to walk in the history. you smell the glory of the event in the thin and cold air of french mountains. Just this feeling makes it worth being there.

2) The new cars are spectacular. the acceleration is insane, they are very nice to watch ( except the Yaris ) and I am very happy that all our fears to see boring drives have not become true.

3) M-Sport winning is a positive, after so many time... they fucking deserves it. Seeing the happy guys of m-sport celebrating with Wilson in the parc ferme in Monaco was nice.

NEGATIVES

1) Organization in monte needs a radical change.
    Safety is very bad managed for the reasons we all know and saw. Also some directives were confusing: in some very safe places there were stupid prohibitions and 10 metres later loads of people were at the exit of a corner in a stupidly allowed spot!

2) Communications like the prohibitions to enter some famous parts of some stages should be released before making hundreds if not thousands of people drive and walk for kms !! This is not a village rally...
    Also when the spectator died they were ridiculous ignoring the issue in TV and stating that he had passes out...

3) What a shame for Neuville. I was spectating that stage he was very clean at my point. I'm gutted for him. And also for Tanak who should have deserved the second place but at least he got the podium.
    But the driver I really feel sorry for is Hayden Paddon, I hope he will overcome this situation.

4) I was at parc ferme in Monaco. I Met and say hi to a lot of people like Wilson, Hirvonen, Naigle, Makinen. But I didn't really meet one of the main reason I went there: Jari-Matti girlfriend. that has been the real shame

6. Likes: 6789 (23rd January 2017),dimviii (22nd January 2017),EightGear (22nd January 2017),EstWRC (22nd January 2017),Fly (24th January 2017),Grundo Farb (23rd January 2017),HaCo (22nd January 2017),Jewy46 (23rd January 2017),Micke_VOC (24th January 2017),Mintexmemory (23rd January 2017),Mirek (22nd January 2017),Munkvy (23rd January 2017),nafpaktos (22nd January 2017),seb_sh (22nd January 2017),sindroms (23rd January 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Walach View Post
    For me as a fan of JDM scene, green TAKATA seatbelts in Yaris WRC are perfect match.
    Haha good to hear iam not the only one ☺
    Rps13

8. Likes: pucky54 (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post

NEGATIVES

1) Organization in monte needs a radical change.
    Safety is very bad managed for the reasons we all know and saw. Also some directives were confusing: in some very safe places there were stupid prohibitions and 10 metres later loads of people were at the exit of a corner in a stupidly allowed spot!

2) Communications like the prohibitions to enter some famous parts of some stages should be released before making hundreds if not thousands of people drive and walk for kms !! This is not a village rally...
    I totally agree,that's what i also noticed last year.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

10. Likes: AL14 (22nd January 2017),steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    i also agree with dimviii's long post...ill also add that great debut for Järveoja, stage win already on his second stage with WRC machine and podium in the end.

too early to say about car performances but IMO Citroen is way overhyped.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts

Viola ad oltranza...

14. Likes: AL14 (22nd January 2017),stefanvv (22nd January 2017),WUff1 (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Well, we know that he pretty much did the road section going between 70 and 120.
    Which is a nice comfortable speed for those roads.. Even in a rental Fiat.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    too early to say about car performances but IMO Citroen is way overhyped.
    I think I agree with that. We never saw some dominating times from Meeke, and yet he managed to crash.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

17. Likes: steve.mandzij (22nd January 2017)