Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Like Button is so poor that he has to eat cup noodles every day for lunch and dinner.
    He just likes cup noodles , that's all .
    You don't have to be poor to like cup noodles .

What you got against the cup noodle people , man ?

Maybe they don't have their own planes , but wow , these poor people (and I don't mean that in the monetary sense) deserve some respect , dude .

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Has Rosberg mentioned anywhere that he has just been conservative for the last couple of races? He has actually publicly said quite the opposite so it sounds like this is something you just conjured up in your head.
    I can't be the only person who's thought that, as no one has criticized Rosberg in this forum for being miles off his teammate's pace in Brazil (or if they did, I've missed that). For all we know, he's certainly no slouch on wet conditions, so I hope you'll concede that he was actively avoiding risks. It's very hard to imagine that he'd have driven the same way had he needed to win to keep his championship hopes alive.

3. Likes: Tazio (26th November 2016)
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I suspect Nico is being a smarter driver than he was earlier in the season, and a bit conservative. He can afford to with that Merc.
    Last edited by Tazio; 26th November 2016 at 14:06.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I can't be the only person who's thought that, as no one has criticized Rosberg in this forum for being miles off his teammate's pace in Brazil (or if they did, I've missed that). For all we know, he's certainly no slouch on wet conditions, so I hope you'll concede that he was actively avoiding risks. It's very hard to imagine that he'd have driven the same way had he needed to win to keep his championship hopes alive.
    It just looks to me as if Hamilton is just pushing to the max and actually driving at his best. We all know that he is the better and faster driver so it's not all that surprising to see him out front as he is. In post qualifying Abu Dhabi, a very edgy looking Rosberg conceded It simply wasn't possible for him to match Hamilton's pace today.

Going on past history I fully suspect Nico to win the championship, Hamilton has lost a few WDC'a due to circumstances out of his control despite being the best driver. It wouldn't surprise me if that happened again.

6. Likes: truefan72 (26th November 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    That was a display of supremacy by Hamilton in Q3. He raised the bar each time he laid down a fast lap. Everyone else were just playing catch up. The cool thing about it was, each run was quite a gap from second place man Rosberg.

The Q3 time [1:38:755] was roughly 3 tenths off the fastest qualifying lap ever done on this track. That was in the pre-hybrid era by Vettel in the 2011 Redbull-Renault and was at 1:38:481.

The best chance possible for Rosberg to have a trouble free race this weekend, was to start the race on pole. He was clearly trying hard to achieve that today, but Hamilton had the legs on him all the way from Q1 to Q3.

Rosberg may have been spared the fiesty dutchman Verstapenn, but he has Ricciado on his tail who l think would not mind taking the highest podium step possible if he smells a chance. It is looking like it may turn out to be a cracking race, assuming the Ferrari and Redbull remain in the mix.

I wonder, with the constructors championship settled, would Hamilton back Rosberg into the Redbull and Ferrari and see what shakes?
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th November 2016 at 16:50.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Let us not forget that Lewis would be in much better shape if he didn't have start miscues. The one in Japan really hurt him.

9. Likes: airshifter (27th November 2016)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It could be that Nico is , indeed , being conservative .

But , given the zillions of different settings that one can use , and the fact that the tires are as they are , and the constantly dropping track temperature , and the preferences of each , it could just be that he hasn't got it just right for a few races .
    And , Lewis has .

I suppose hearing you can win by being second in your ear every five minutes might implant the idea , but ,I doubt it .

Interesting though(or , at least , I thought so) is to see Nico a second back in Q2 .
    Just how much more scrub did Lewis put into his race set of tires , going that second faster ?
    Will Nico be able to see a longer stint on those skins ?
    The commentators spoke constantly of how critical the out lap was to the time set , so it begs wonder if a little kinder lap in that second round might yield a bit of advantage .

The Bulls on the supers will go long in the first stint , so keeping your ultras sweet may be a key for the Mercs .

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    If someone takes Rosberg out or mechanical woes affect him Will MB hang Hamiton out to dry ?

Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    If someone takes Rosberg out or mechanical woes affect him Will MB hang Hamiton out to dry ?
    By MB are you referring to Mercedes Benz ?

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    By MB are you referring to Mercedes Benz ?

I think he means either Martin Bitmarsh or Maurizio Barrivabene...