Page 239 of 421 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289339 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 4205
    Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000 View Post
    I believe it to be as simple as going back to daily highlight program, with maybe a live stage here and there.

Through the 80s Top Gear rally report was brilliant on the BBC, half hour a night, maybe an hour, somehow much more entertaining than todays crap.
    Also you often had a top gear rally live stage. Normally one of the spectator friendly stages such as Blenhem Palace. Much beeter than the spectator friendly stuff now. Used to be shown on a sunday afternoon on the BBC, sometimes during Grandstand. I mean if it could be done then, surly with technology now, it has to be easier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS0bWtsv_b4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gJjx30vm64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z5YrwuC_ss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqRvVmJmxV4

Steve
    Thats quite a good point. You only have to go back to the early 2000's to notice the difference in the daily highlights programmes or event highlights as well.

Today there is so much stuff going in in those programmes which don't really tell anything about what happened during the event. Needless slow-mo footage, bad commentary, etc.

Ca. 15 years ago the programme told what happened and it was enjoyable to watch. Sometimes I tried to watch event highlights this year but it's always a disappointment.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

2. Likes: A FONDO (28th October 2016)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Yeah, the actual content in the daily programmes is quite bad sometimes. They're trying to make them "exciting" but it makes things seem fake and superficial. I like the "informative" older style much better. I don't mind some slow-mo and spectacular shots; cut out some of the irrelevant driver interviews and put a proper commentator in that knows what he's talking about and send Desborough back to his local horse racing track where he belongs.

4. Likes: A FONDO (28th October 2016)
    Liked 38 Times in 19 Posts
    VW news
    In german: https://goo.gl/mUFwGs
    Google translate:
    The diesel employees at Volkswagen could have further consequences: the WRC program of the Wolfsburgers could already expire next year
    Volkswagen
    (Motorsport-Total.com) - With the withdrawal of Audi from the long-distance World Championship (WEC), the Volkswagen Group's diesel co-ordinators have a first serious consequence for the motorsport commitment of the Group which shook the world of motorsport on Wednesday. It could not be the last shake. In the course of the sparing efforts, the motorsport programs of the other corporate brands of the Rotstift are also taken. This is likely to have consequences for Volkswagen's commitment to the World Rally Championship (WRC).

According to information from 'Motorsport-Total.com', Volkswagen's WRC commitment will be terminated by the end of 2017 at the latest. Also an exit at the end of this season is clearly in the room. However, since the preparation of the WRC program for 2017 and the development of the new Polo R WRC have progressed far ahead, the brand could still save itself into the next season.

At Volkswagen, a withdrawal from the WRC was neither confirmed nor denied. "In our opinion, the speculation that we do not want to participate in," a Volkswagen spokesman on demand from 'Motorsport-Total.com'. "We are now focusing on the rally in Wales and the preparation for the 2017 season."

In June 2014, Volkswagen had announced the continuation of the WRC program until 2019. When asked if this is still valid, the spokesman says: "Everyone knows that Volkswagen is facing a huge challenge, so it is difficult to look into the future." Here too, no clear commitment to the WRC.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    @OnlyRally

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    That's somewhat twisted. It sounds like Audi is leaving motorsport but that's not true. Audi is only moving from one to another as it shall do Formula-E instead of WEC. There are also talks about larger involvement of the company in RX and a push for allowing hybrid technology there.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Isn't Audi moving from WEC to Formula E? So don't really trust it. In a way it's logical that either Porsche or Audi had to leave WEC eventually.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Audi can also be looking to this: http://www.motorsport.com/wtcc/news/...y-2019-840548/
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Colin Clark at WRGB Forum:
    Malcolm Wilson tonight said "by middle of next year we hope to be running at least six of the 2017 cars"

10. Likes: OnlyRally (27th October 2016)
    Liked 87 Times in 43 Posts
    Wonder how hard it would be to focus on one car per stage over the rally, I.e Ogier ss1 Sordo ss2 Meeke ss3 etc so hire out one heli for the day, and on the final stage of the day do the whole power stage camara setup.
    I would be stoked to watch a 15min stage of one driver for each stage. We have all the info on the other cars...
    Surely this would not be that hard with tech these days

I hope it's just sensationalist news. Audi retireing from WEC is just a rumor so far and they will be there next year for sure. On the WRC side VW have extended their commitment.

On the other hand sometimes things get twisted in a very short time period, like when Peugeot retired from WEC. In the end it's all about money.

Personally I hope it's just sensationalism, the VW group has been very involved in motorsport and they see the value of it so I hope that continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    Wonder how hard it would be to focus on one car per stage over the rally, I.e Ogier ss1 Sordo ss2 Meeke ss3 etc so hire out one heli for the day, and on the final stage of the day do the whole power stage camara setup.
    I would be stoked to watch a 15min stage of one driver for each stage. We have all the info on the other cars...
    Surely this would not be that hard with tech these days
    Technically you are right but is the audience there? if only 200 people watch that it's not worth it unless each of them pays like 100e per rally.