Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 226270717273 LastLast
    Senior Member Arnold Triyudho Wardono's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 77 Posts
    Does anyone seen the monster stage onboard on WRC+..?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    ok, im gonna jump on the bandwagon here ...how do you know it isnt as fast as Polo?
    Polo is developed 4+ years, this one less than year.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Ok, Neuville is far to impress, but I don’t get why Penasse is always ready to publicly criticize his top driver…is he just trying to make people forget that the new car isn’t able to match the Polo?
    Because he is not the top driver - they are all treated equally. What Penasse says is 100% correct. First mistake fine, he was pushing. Second mistake why? You watch the onboard and he was going crazy fast - too fast. The team should understandably be annoyed at him as they want points not him winning stages.

I think Mr Neuville is extremely arrogant, the public statements I think are the tip of the iceberg of how the team feel about him I think. You read Paddons twitter answers to questions like "do you spend time with your team mates" or "whats it like having experienced team mates to learn from". His answers always say, Dani is awesome, very friendly and has helped him a lot. He never mentions Neuville.

4. Likes: EstWRC (11th March 2016),Hartusvuori (11th March 2016),pantealex (11th March 2016),TWRC (11th March 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundo Farb View Post
    Because he is not the top driver - they are all treated equally. What Penasse says is 100% correct. First mistake fine, he was pushing. Second mistake why? You watch the onboard and he was going crazy fast - too fast. The team should understandably be annoyed at him as they want points not him winning stages.
    I think Mr Neuville is extremely arrogant, the public statements I think are the tip of the iceberg of how the team feel about him I think.
    Maybe all 3 Hyundai’s drivers are now treated the same way, but Neuville still is the most designated driver for manu points. His first driver status was clear in ’14 and even during ’15, despite his Wales step back. He was also the best ranked Hyundai driver and is, probably, the best paid one.

He may look a bit lost or arrogant, but his amazing driving skills didn’t disappear. It’s not clear what made Neuville apparently less focused or motivated, but it’s hard to believe that Penasse comments to the press (even if accurate) will have a positive effect on the Belgium.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Maybe all 3 Hyundai’s drivers are now treated the same way, but Neuville still is the most designated driver for manu points. His first driver status was clear in ’14 and even during ’15, despite his Wales step back. He was also the best ranked Hyundai driver and is, probably, the best paid one.

He may look a bit lost or arrogant, but his amazing driving skills didn’t disappear. It’s not clear what made Neuville apparently less focused or motivated, but it’s hard to believe that Penasse comments to the press (even if accurate) will have a positive effect on the Belgium.
    Sordo is the nominated driver this year.

The feeling I have is that Neuville does not understand that it is the Manufacturers Championship that is the priority for Hyundai, not the Drivers championship, that is the bonus issue. The second thing is that last year he bagged the car in public, that is something you never do with an Asian manufacturer, loyalty is number one. They pay back loyalty big time and cut adrift those who are not loyal back to them.

7. Likes: dimviii (11th March 2016),pantealex (12th March 2016)
    Liked 56 Times in 34 Posts
    It was nice while it lasted, but no repeat ..
    Rally Mexico will drop ITS 50-mile stage WRC for 2017
    Jesus Christ, Kris!!! (Not again)

9. Likes: tommeke_B (11th March 2016)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I'd prefer to see "endurance" as being long days (with lots of hours an lots of SS kms), rather than just a long stage. As they say in the article, there's no real added value.

11. Likes: AL14 (12th March 2016),EightGear (11th March 2016),makinen_fan (13th March 2016),Mirek (11th March 2016)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayh_mx View Post
    It was nice while it lasted, but no repeat ..
    Rally Mexico will drop ITS 50-mile stage WRC for 2017
    The accountant (WRC Promoter) has spoken.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    I think Neuville will continue these kind of appearances.I think he is overestimated.Over all what he's done as driver until now?just a good half year some years ago with ford and some scarce good appearances with hyundai.Some will blame the car but i don't think this is the reason.Paddon with the <same> car with less testing performed relatively better if we take in mind his lack of experience.My question is what chances abbring will take??????????????
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 563 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    I think Neuville will continue these kind of appearances.I think he is overestimated.Over all what he's done as driver until now?just a good half year some years ago with ford and some scarce good appearances with hyundai.Some will blame the car but i don't think this is the reason.Paddon with the <same> car with less testing performed relatively better if we take in mind his lack of experience.My question is what chances abbring will take??????????????
    Neuville was pretty good in 2011 IRC, and had he stayed with Citroën beyond 2012, I think he could be in a better place now. I thought him going to Hyundai was a career suicide (though at first I thought the team won't be up to par, not the driver), and sadly it seems I was right, but I really hope that he can turn this around, and not just for his, but for the championship's sake too.

15. Likes: Rally Power (12th March 2016)