Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Ogier is not helping VW in these hard times, or it is Ingrassia?!?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Watching highlights now seems Kubica is right - rim just couldn't hold on (from what they showed)

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spark13 View Post
    So what exactly has he achieved?
    5 or 6 SS wins and a record of DNF in the season.
    I think some other drivers could be much more successfull in this if they want to, or if the budget let them to.
    Kris Meek would for example=)
    Don't get me wrong I like Kubica but..... let's state the facts he is hottlapper, on a short distance, thats not a rally driver should be.
    He isn't taking a car off someone more worthy though is he. So why is any of that relevant? He can spend his money (or his sponsors' money) wherever he wants - he chooses to do it in WRC. Same thing with Prokop who campaigns for years but never improves. It's his decision.

4. Likes: danon (4th October 2015),rallyfun (4th October 2015)
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
    Yes he isn't.
    I was referring to the statement of the many Kubica fans that RK is on the lerning curve and he will be equal to the top drivers when he will get the experience.
    I think he won't,like for example Evgeny Novikov wasn't.
    They are kind of similar for me for been both quick on a short distance but in the ditch for a long.
    I think every driver in wrc could be flat out mode for win one stage and retire in the next one. That's not a big thing. Even Elfin Evans=)
    But to compete on the regular basis needs something more than that.
    Sorry for my "ingrish" I couldn't explain my thoughts better.
    Rps13

spark13, Your English is good enough to write Your location right....

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    He doesn't need to be a WRC driver to judge Kubica's performance, discussion forums wouldn't exist otherwise. I think only blind fanboys deny the fact that Robert has a huge problem controlling his speed and crashes way too much, even more than Raikkonen, Block, Duval, Latvala or who else.
    He doesn't judge his performance but "analyzing" mistakes, failures, bad luck or whatever else from behind the screen of his computer. But the most important thing is he judges him equally with rally drivers with years of experience. It's not right is it? Even if you don't appreciate the progress, speed, stage wins on all surface etc. RK has achieved, you need to realize that he has less than three years of experience in rallies at all. Not mention about his limitation. It's funny how some trolls expect miracles and people from WRC (drivers, experts, team bosses) respect what RK has been doing. Paddon said in interview that it took him all his career to get that speed that RK already had when he joined WRC, and all he needs is experience that you can get over years. That sums up all discussion.

8. Likes: maciotacio (4th October 2015),Mariusz (4th October 2015),peter_85 (4th October 2015)
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I think for Kubica is a good time to say goodbye to the sport...
    No one cares what you think

10. Likes: danon (4th October 2015),GF (4th October 2015)
    Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun View Post
    He doesn't judge his performance but "analyzing" mistakes, failures, bad luck or whatever else from behind the screen of his computer. But the most important thing is he judges him equally with rally drivers with years of experience. It's not right is it? Even if you don't appreciate the progress, speed, stage wins on all surface etc. RK has achieved, you need to realize that he has less than three years of experience in rallies at all. Not mention about his limitation. It's funny how some trolls expect miracles and people from WRC (drivers, experts, team bosses) respect what RK has been doing. Paddon said in interview that it took him all his career to get that speed that RK already had when he joined WRC, and all he needs is experience that you can get over years. That sums up all discussion.
    Well, we should wait AL14 to speak for himself, but I doubt he expects Kubica to be as fast as top WRC drivers. Kubica isn't a bad driver, absolutely, he's good. And he does have raw speed, otherwise no stage wins. What we're saying here is that he should have a different approach to his rallies, he can't go full attack from the beginning to the end, especially when he has - as you said - not much experience. What can he achieve like that? A WRC2 title against Al Kuwari, and that's it. So yes, he achieved that, but if he wants to achieve anything in the WRC like that, he's wasting his time (he can spends his money how he wants of course, but judging from interviews he's really not satisfied on how this year went, is he?)
    What you call "miracles" that people here and trolls expect, it's actually first finish some rallies without major mistakes. The progress? I see no progress since last year. And unless he gets a really lucky rally, he won't progress.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfun View Post
    hey rally expert how many stages have you win in WRC or how many teams did you manage that you can judge pro driver?
    How many do you?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Well, we should wait AL14 to speak for himself, but I doubt he expects Kubica to be as fast as top WRC drivers. Kubica isn't a bad driver, absolutely, he's good. And he does have raw speed, otherwise no stage wins. What we're saying here is that he should have a different approach to his rallies, he can't go full attack from the beginning to the end, especially when he has - as you said - not much experience. What can he achieve like that? A WRC2 title against Al Kuwari, and that's it. So yes, he achieved that, but if he wants to achieve anything in the WRC like that, he's wasting his time (he can spends his money how he wants of course, but judging from interviews he's really not satisfied on how this year went, is he?)
    What you call "miracles" that people here and trolls expect, it's actually first finish some rallies without major mistakes. The progress? I see no progress since last year. And unless he gets a really lucky rally, he won't progress.
    Don't bother trying to explain them good sense. They wouldn't understand.