Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts

Fox Sports Finally Pulled Rank

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sp...090a1b0356983c

FOX SPORTS has further bolstered its investment in premium motorsport by today announcing a new broadcast rights agreement with Foxtel, the Ten Network and Formula One Management, driving every event of the Formula 1 calendar to FOX SPORTS for the next five years.

Under the unprecedented new agreement, FOX SPORTS will broadcast all 20 events in the FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar LIVE and in High Definition — including every practice, qualifying and race — a first for Australian viewers, beginning with the 2015 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX in Melbourne on March 12. The Ten Network will continue to show 10 Formula 1 races during the 2015 season, simulcast LIVE with FOX SPORTS

This means that Australia actually had better free-to-air coverage in 1984.

Thanks Mr Murdoch. Knave!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

2. Likes: journeyman racer (13th February 2015),TheFamousEccles (20th February 2015)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    It's still better than the free to air we have in NZ, which is NONE! and has been for years. Although a big song and dance is being made of the fact that we will get free to air Indycar highlights..... yay?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...ocial-comments
    "Heading into their 12th year of covering the sport, Ten will continue to show all 20 rounds of the 2015 championship on free-to-air, but only 10 of the races will be shown live.

The remainder will be shown as one-hour highlights packages at 9.30pm on ONE on the Monday night after the race in a move similar to the Ten/Fox V8 Supercars deal."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Bernie would probably say that anyone who can't afford cable probably won't be buying a Rolex any time soon and they aren't F1's target market.

6. Likes: journeyman racer (13th February 2015)
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry
    May the forza be with you

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    The remainder will be shown as one-hour highlights packages at 9.30pm on ONE on the Monday night after the race in a move similar to the Ten/Fox V8 Supercars deal.
    That move is 6 live races on free-to-air out of 14.

For the V8 Supercars' effort, I really hope that nobody goes to watch them and that the series falls flat on its face. I resent that with a joint venture like Foxtel, half of it doesn't even pay tax in Australia, can siphon profits overseas.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

9. Likes: TheFamousEccles (20th February 2015)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Urgh. I suppose it was going to happen sooner or later. But it's disappointing that it's happened a year before it was agreed, and a month before the season starts.

I don't quite get what happening at 10. Rinehart, Packer, lil Murdoch all went about dismantling 10. Getting rid of the free-to-air nfl coverage, supposedly to force nfl fans to go to foxtel. But then the nfl ends up of 7, and you cannot see a game on foxtel, may be the mnf.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    It's still better than the free to air we have in NZ, which is NONE! and has been for years. Although a big song and dance is being made of the fact that we will get free to air Indycar highlights..... yay?
    The races are on right in the middle of the night over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Bernie would probably say that anyone who can't afford cable probably won't be buying a Rolex any time soon and they aren't F1's target market.
    lol

I'm intrigued to see what happens to tv rights after Bernie passes.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    I don't understand.
    If Fox Sports Australia is going to show all 20 races and a practices and qualy, what is the problem?
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I don't understand.
    If Fox Sports Australia is going to show all 20 races and a practices and qualy, what is the problem?
    $750 a year
    http://advanced-television.com/2015/...r-f1-coverage/
    "Network Ten has also struck a partnership with Fox Sports, sub-licensing it the rights to show all Formula 1 practice, qualifying and races live across the duration of the deal."
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Is $750 per year just for the fox race channel?
    In the U.S. it's not uncommon for customers to have to pay $200 per month to get a cable package that includes all F1 races.

That's 2,400.00 US dollars per year.....dawg!

BTW, here is a post scripted edit:

You can watch the McRaces free on:

http://www.vipbox.eu/

or

http://xn--frstrowsports-39b.eu/

If you wear a fake MacRolex

Last edited by Tazio; 14th February 2015 at 09:55.
    May the forza be with you