Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    Wow, what a peaceful discussion we have here. It's almost a love fest despite our disagreements. It's too bad we don't see Muslims posting on this thread to share peace, compassion and sympathy for Charlie cartoonists.
    I would hope Muslims will feel so enlightened in the near future, either moving away from religion (when living somewhere that you don't get killed for that) or feel secure enough in their faith that satire or negativity towards their faith is water off a ducks back.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    why not? Is it so wrong to believe in your own ability & intelligence than depend on someone else's (in case of a God - unknown!)
    Because traditional Gods are perfect but God Storm still does a lot of mistakes?......
    Why should you venerate yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    Because traditional Gods are perfect but God Storm still does a lot of mistakes?......
    God drowned most of his creations due to his failings. He also raised Sodom and Gomorrah for the same. I assume we are supposed to believe the daily tragedies we are faced with are a. Part of gods plan or b. god correcting his mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho View Post
    I would hope Muslims will feel so enlightened in the near future, either moving away from religion (when living somewhere that you don't get killed for that)
    Not all Muslims are fundamentalists, most of them are honest people like me ( well, this is rather questionable....) and you ( I hope....) who just belong to other culture.
    or feel secure enough in their faith that satire or negativity towards their faith is water off a ducks back.
    .Maybe they also think that the western world should finally understand that it's not fair to offend their religious feelings? Why should we do such things if we know we're causing trouble? What's the point?

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Traditional Gods (atleast ours need a lot of help from other Gods or such )
    And who said about venerating myself? Not venerating anybody to the point of worship is the actual point I/Robinho et al are trying to make
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

God drowned most of his creations due to his failings. He also raised Sodom and Gomorrah for the same. I assume we are supposed to believe the daily tragedies we are faced with are a. Part of gods plan or b. god correcting his mistakes.
    I'm not as religious as you might think....And don't have too much christian knowledge either. However I think that God only showed the path to follow. We're free to decide what to do. The tragedies are the result of our own deeds

Not all Muslims are fundamentalists, most of them are honest people like me ( well, this is rather questionable....) and you ( I hope....) who just belong to other culture.
    .Maybe they also think that the western world should finally understand that it's not fair to offend their religious feelings? Why should we do such things if we know we're causing trouble? What's the point?
    You've hit 2 nails on the head for me there. One is culture. Religion, for the masses, I contend, is more about culture than belief. And I feel strongly about preserving culture.

As for offending religious feelings, why are they more important than either the alternative religious feelings (answer because only 1 can be correct and therefore the alternative is offensive, whatever it is) or the feelings of the non religious. I feel offended by pretty much all religion, and to me, from a standpoint where I don't believe in any god, everyone who is religious is extreme or fundamentalist.

8. Likes: donKey jote (9th January 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Traditional Gods (atleast ours need a lot of help from other Gods or such )
    And who said about venerating myself? Not venerating anybody to the point of worship is the actual point I/Robinho et al are trying to make

That's right, but:
    Haven't you asked why can't we be our own gods? and aren't gods supposed to be venerated?

I feel offended by pretty much all religion, and to me, from a standpoint where I don't believe in any god, everyone who is religious is extreme or fundamentalist.
    In this case I won't say a word more.
    Being labeled as a sort of forum's Taliban would be too much for my poor sinful soul....

In this case I won't say a word more.
    Being labeled as a sort of forum's Taliban would be too much for my poor sinful soul....
    You miss my point, I find religion offensive. I would happily defend your right to believe whatever you choose, however ridiculous I found it.