Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I dare say that a canopy in this incident would do far more damage with it being shattered and potentially bigger jagged bits being a real problem.
    or the canopy getting pinned down and unable to open. an F1 canopy is a different thing from a le mans car, and plenty of time will have to go into testing etc
    so far, its seems to be a freak incident and one that can never really be fully prepared for.

i hope he is ok and will make a full recovery
    only time will tell, sigh
    I do think that F1 drivers heads are exposed to more danger than anything else. And this is the area where we are likely to get most serious accidents. Also recalling Massa in 2009.

But you are right that a freak accident is a freak accident and can happy with any kind of safety measure.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    or at least some sort of defence around the recovery vehicles to prevent cars going under them. like normal trucks have for example...
    that seems very sensible
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    One thing though, he cannot have passed on in the car or else there wouldn't have been the rush to get him to hospital. So for all we know he is still fighting for survival, let's hope for the very best
    This is a good point. Also, there have been many serious incidents where in the end the driver turns out ok, including '94 (Lamy, Wendlinger, Montermini).

As for the crash damage, maybe it's a sign that the car, rather than the driver, took most of the impact and energy if the chassis is smashed up?
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    or at least some sort of defence around the recovery vehicles to prevent cars going under them. like normal trucks have for example...
    Who could imagine that somebody will crash in it under yellow flags... Thanks God that none of the men working on Sutil's car got wasted.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSon View Post
    Who could imagine that somebody will crash in it under yellow flags...
    it has been narrowly avoided in the past, I remember cars flying left and right of a crane before after a ham off for example... also extremely wet conditions.
    No amount of yellows tell you exactly when you might hydroplane
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Great race today. A pity about the panziness of the start - I think that F1 should just leave wet tires at home from now on as they no longer get to use them.

Great race from Hamilton - he showed again today why he is the better driver. Nico is still to beat him in a straight fight from the front of the grid.

My thoughts are with Bianchi. I hope he makes a fully recovery. He is a massive talent and I hope to see him back on the grid soon. #KeepFightingJules

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
    This is a good point. Also, there have been many serious incidents where in the end the driver turns out ok, including '94 (Lamy, Wendlinger, Montermini).

As for the crash damage, maybe it's a sign that the car, rather than the driver, took most of the impact and energy if the chassis is smashed up?
    I very much hope so. I don't think it was a sideways impact looking at the pics. I think he's gone straight underneath. I hope I'm wrong though.
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If it was a side impact then maybe the weight ballast on the cat may have missed bianchis lid and ripped off the air box.

Looking at the way the front wheel is at the side of the cat it looks more like he's gone straight underneath.
    Let's hope I'm wrong
    Ha'wey Hamilton, bring the WDC crown home and the beers are on me :up:

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I hope Jules recover from the impact!!

A picture

http://im.mtv.fi/image/4383910/lands...014-japani.jpg

10. Likes: A FONDO (5th October 2014)
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Oh dear god Mia that is horrible!
    May the forza be with you