Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,372 Times in 4,985 Posts
    Cycling Tour de Yorkshire confirmed... Now Rally Yorkshire on the ERC.. Great news !!

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    I think it was very difficult for Eurosport to reject it because organizers have got those well-known yorkshire blood-loving beasts on their side. ...The only thing worse than piranhas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

3. Likes: RICARDO75 (30th October 2014)
    Liked 3,797 Times in 1,688 Posts
    That is nice to have event of ERC in a country, which doesnt have national championship in next season...

5. Likes: RICARDO75 (30th October 2014),WRC1 (26th September 2014),WUff1 (27th September 2014)
    Liked 3,302 Times in 1,740 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    That is nice to have event of ERC in a country, which doesnt have national championship in next season...
    Another idiotic decision and another British failure in the ERC, just like this year's Circuit of Ireland?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

7. Likes: WRC1 (26th September 2014),WUff1 (27th September 2014)
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    And then You can hear from Ribeiro, that it is in fact fault of Barum organizers that Janner won´t be in Czech championship next year and it makes him angry (i can´t find that article, but you remember it) ...as I said before, he has to be scared of Yorkshire terriers or total idiot.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 245 Times in 101 Posts
    completly useless decision...according to my sources greece and cyprus will loose theire ERC status...so we loose all the gravel rallyes with dust, sun, rocks...nice pictures...and instead get dark forrests with mud...idiotic, nothing more to say
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

10. Likes: J4MIE (28th September 2014),Leon (27th September 2014),WUff1 (27th September 2014)
    Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makinen_fan View Post
    And the timing is not the best if it kept as it is. 2 weeks before WRGB means fans in UK or coming from abroad will either go to one of these two... doesn't make sense to me

It seems it will be soon after both the Trackrod and Malton Forest events; I originally thought that the Trackrod would be the ERC event; it seems as though they’re creating a new event, as they did with IRC Rally Scotland.

One hopes that it will be supported by British Rallying – but there aren’t many R5 cars in the UK; like the old Scottish IRC event, UK entries could be low.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    It seems it will be soon after both the Trackrod and Malton Forest events; I originally thought that the Trackrod would be the ERC event; it seems as though they’re creating a new event, as they did with IRC Rally Scotland.

One hopes that it will be supported by British Rallying – but there aren’t many R5 cars in the UK; like the old Scottish IRC event, UK entries could be low.
    So in this case there is one question - why to have another ERC event on island (I mean UK and Ireland together)?

To say the truth, I am not happy with another event in this distance. I will prefer more events more in the center of the Europe (for example Italy, Germany, french mainland, maybe Slovenia) - events which are not so far for most of the teams.

Lets look at calendar - there are events, which are really too far for teams from Portugal/UK/Belgium/France (but for example for czech teams it is also way for two days) (Latvia, Estonia). Then there are events, which are really to far for team from Czech/Poland/Baltic countries (Ireland, Yorkshire ; and you must use ferry). Then there are events, which are famous, but you must use a ferry and they costs lot of money and also time (Acropolis, Acores, Cyprus, Corse). And the rest? Only four "quite normal" events in European mainland - Janner, Ypres, Barum and Valais (Janner and Valais are quite more expensive due to the weather conditions, additionally Janner has bad date almost every year).

14. Likes: WUff1 (27th September 2014)
    Liked 245 Times in 101 Posts
    To say the truth, I am not happy with another event in this distance. I will prefer more events more in the center of the Europe (for example Italy, Germany, french mainland, maybe Slovenia) - events which are not so far for most of the teams.

Lets look at calendar - there are events, which are really too far for teams from Portugal/UK/Belgium/France (but for example for czech teams it is also way for two days) (Latvia, Estonia). Then there are events, which are really to far for team from Czech/Poland/Baltic countries (Ireland, Yorkshire ; and you must use ferry). Then there are events, which are famous, but you must use a ferry and they costs lot of money and also time (Acropolis, Acores, Cyprus, Corse). And the rest? Only four "quite normal" events in European mainland - Janner, Ypres, Barum and Valais (Janner and Valais are quite more expensive due to the weather conditions, additionally Janner has bad date almost every year).
    99% agree with all what you say, only the discussion about jänner rally date...

there are so many nice rallyes in europe, veszprem rally, rally san marino, croatia rally, san remo, antibes, lausitz...these are all existing events...no new rallyes just for ERC, we have seen this year in ireland what is the result...almost no national entries, low number of international entries...i am against a 2nd rally in UK!!!
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

16. Likes: WUff1 (27th September 2014)