Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Hamilton off to McLaren ?

According to this mornings papers Rosberg has signed a 3 year deal .
    Hamilton has not signed,and Mercedes are waiting until nearer the end of the season to decide .
    Is this bullshi* OR do we expect to see Hamilton next year in a McLaren Honda with Fernando as a team mate again ?
    AND do we expect Rosberg to be given preference at Italy ,OR on team orders NOT to challenge Hamilton IF he is leading until the final; 5 laps ?

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think that Hamilton would be taking a step backwards in his career were he to be anywhere else other than Mercedes next year. As for McLaren they might manage to lure Vettel or Alonso sometime in the next couple of seasons but realistically I can’t see any major upheavals until the end of next year with Hamilton’s contract running until 2015. Given Nico the Cheats behaviour in recent time and that he is not as good a driver as Hamilton anyway, I’m not sure why Mercedes would choose him over Hamilton. Sure, he’s German, but he’s just not on the same level. Hamilton can win you a race in a car that is not top of the line. Nico the Cheat has never really done that. To me, Nico the Cheat would be more trouble than he’s worth and if they are to avoid intra-team conflict, it is clear now that they will need to bring a driver in as a number two or else settle for someone that Nico the Cheat will be beating all the time. Why would they want to do this?

I don’t know, I’d rather Hamilton over Nico the Cheat any day of the week.

I think things will largely stay as they are for next year.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Hamilton can win you a race in a car that is not top of the line. Nico the Cheat has never really done that.
    2012 Chinese, 2013 Monaco & British GP. Thanks for playing.

I don’t know, I’d rather Hamilton over Nico the Cheat any day of the week.
    You don't say?

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I'm sorry to disagree with you, Knight, but you're putting Rosberg as the source of intra-team issues. Hamilton's history would imply that it's the opposite. Lewis is a faster driver, all right, but he seems to have a weaker mind than some of his rivals and has a tendency to run away from his team and spill the beans for the press.

Regarding the Hamilton-to-Macca rumours, I'm betting that they're BS. The situation in Mercedes is nowhere near as bad as McLaren in 2007 and there's no way that Lewis is going to give up on a championship-winning car for a dog.

5. Likes: donKey jote (29th August 2014)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

You don't say?
    2013 British GP was decided by a tyre failure, not by superior driving!
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

You don't say?
    The 2012 Chinese GP where both Mercedes got pole? They had the best car that weekend.

I remember Lewis had some issues in the 2013 Monaco GP weekend but I can't remember what. I know it didn't stand out to me as a superb drive from Nico by any means. Continue playing please...

Silverstone 2013 was decided because of Lewis tire failure - Lewis would have won that otherwise.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko View Post
    2013 British GP was decided by a tyre failure, not by superior driving!
    So what you're saying is, Vettel would've won the 2011 Abu Dhabi GP instead of Hamilton? I agree.

The 2012 Chinese GP where both Mercedes got pole? They had the best car that weekend.
    You were saying Rosberg couldn't win in a car that wasn't top of the line. Well, he's done so on three occasions. What an extraordinary performance from Rosberg. The other drivers in Mercedes powered cars were terrible.

I remember Lewis had some issues in the 2013 Monaco GP weekend but I can't remember what. I know it didn't stand out to me as a superb drive from Nico by any means.
    I'm sure you'll think of something.

Silverstone 2013 was decided because of Lewis tire failure - Lewis would have won that otherwise.
    Refer to my response to SGWilko. 12 months later, Rosberg so far is in the only driver to be taken out of a race while clearly leading, as a result of a mechanical problem.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Autosport reporting that McLaren are looking at Alonso and Vettel to lead the team into the Honda era, and are willing to wait for them.

Not sure either are what they need tbh. Vettel doesn't seem to be getting on with the new cars and Alonso, good as he is, will be ancient by the time his Ferrari contract finishes.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Nico the Cheats German Nico the Cheat Nico the Cheat
    Nico the Cheat Nico the Cheat
    do get over it, you're really becoming somewhat tiresome
    United in diversity !!!

11. Likes: airshifter (30th August 2014),gm99 (31st August 2014),Mark (29th August 2014),Mia 01 (29th August 2014),N4D13 (29th August 2014),steveaki13 (29th August 2014),TheFamousEccles (7th September 2014)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    do get over it, you're really becoming somewhat tiresome
    Concur wholeheartedly. I don't particularly rate Nico as a driver, but playground insults really are pointless IMO.

Can't see Lewis going to McLaren to partner Alonso, not because of his history with Fernando (I think that Lewis has matured, ever so slightly, since the first time round) but because McLaren aren't at the races and haven't been for some time now. Far more likely that he'd end up at RBR.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.