Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    That is something I was wondering if others noticed, or if it was just my desire to see Alonso's race. But when I re-watched it I noticed how very lame that really was!
    I was yelling at the TV in several languages...

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    QFT.
    Thanks, I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I have to say that I'm particularly impressed with Lewis over the past couple of races. He suffered total disasters in qualifying which were totally beyond his control, but somehow managed to get his head together and get it done during the race.
    This is why Lewis is championship material. Everything can blow up in his face, but on race day he's ready to get the most out of whatever they give him. Austria is a good example. he screwed up qualifying good, but on race day he got his game face on and got the most out of what he had.

He starts Hungary from the pit lane in a car that has never turned a wheel, spins it, and then has to rejoin with apparently very little chance of scoring anything, then not only turns it into a podium, but eats into Nico's lead.

Also, apparently, that car had a few problems with the seat overheating and the brakes being dodgey...... it was a brand new car so it was not going to be perfect.

Now, though, Lewis heads into the next race with a brand new, mostly sorted chassis, and we know how much difference that can make. I think Lewis' old car had taken a few shots (Germany, for sure) and was probably getting a little beat, but now he has the best of everything to fight with.

My saddest thing for this season is that I like Lewis and I like Nico and either one would be a great champion. All the trash talk and sulking does is make me see them less as heros and more as spoiled kids.

I really don't know who I want to win it. I think Nico is so good looking and dashing that it would be huge for the sport, I also loved KeKe, so that helps. I also like it that Hamilton races a little too hard for his own good sometimes and has a big heart.

The best part of the whole thing is that Lauda has something to say almost every single day. If any of these people in TV had any smarts at all, they would give Lauda and JV a 1/2 hour after race sound off. It would be epic every single time.

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    Ferrari for telling the boring one he was safely through to Q2, before watching him start from 17th. And Gros for crashing behind the safety car. The last time I saw that it was Jenson in his first season at Williams
    Let's not forget Vettel into the back of Webber.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    What car was Webber in Sunday?