View Poll Results: Will Sebastian Vettel be champ for a fifth season in a row?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 4.55%
  • No

42 95.45%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Why would you give Fisichella the benefit of the doubt? I don't think anybody would group Fisichella with those two.
    No I don´t group Fisi with Kimi and Vettel, but the issue is what Fisi did in 2005 (sometimes qualifying 1sec slower than Alonso) was taken as that's how good he is, without unreliability, car totally not suiting, not favoured by Flav, and all the rest of it being taken into account. They were all slurred away as ridiculous excuses. Maybe now they did have some validity after all.

It would be like saying Ricciardo is really that much better than Vettel (6-2) in qualifying, or saying Alonso just is and was that much better than Raikkonen, and simply leaving it at that.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I get what your saying.

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
    Thanks.

For the record, I'm not sure just how well Dan really is doing, but it's clearly very well. Seb has had problems but the 2013 Vettel would I'm sure easily be at least as good as Dan. In 2014 without the issues (Dan has had some too) I'd say they are equal, but I'd get the feeling at the moment it would be Seb hanging onto Dan rather than the other way round.

As for Kimi, most years I've felt Alonso had an edge on him anyway. I don't know where he's at regarding motivation or whatever, but I always felt certainly every year from from 2005 (maybe except '07), Alonso had a little more. The 2014 gap is not representative of the gap through their careers though. I don't know where Kimi's real 2014 level is now, given that Grosjean often seemed to edge him for speed in 2012, and again in 2013 when the tyres were changed.
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.