Page 24 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Tough only a quick analyzis, the predictions have been quit correct so far

I really enjoy that Latvala is going so good. In our "Nose End First threehouse" we have talked about the possibility of Latvala challenging Ogier if he can contain him self a bit on the slow stuff. Really good that he now puts preassure on Ogier, very good for the championship!

Tough he is a high risk driver, and have to have all his stars alligned correctly if he is going to finnish this rally, one cant go unimpressed by the pure speed of Kris Meeke. And the slight madness in his own self belief (I mean this in the best possible way
    But then again, he has done the Baja 1000, solo, ON A MOTORBIKE!!!

Sordo will be fast as soon as his road possition is better (I did a big misjudgement in not taking in account how much this would count for in time loss on some of these stages), and once again it is proven that the Hyundai is a fast car.

- Kubica off, not surprising. He is a marvelous driver, but needs to unlock some of the secrets of rallying.
    - Neuville off on SD was not surprising in context of the test video.
    - Meeke off (only a spin) was expected.

Ogier is overdriving a bit. He did this in the Helsinki Battle (after the very good run of Neuville), and in Finland (after preassure from Latvala), and now. He is not unaflicted by preassure in the way Loeb was, something that is very good for the championship, because then the other drivers can learn that he is not indistructable (at least not in one single rally, tough VERY difficult to beat over a whole season.)

Very exiting so far!
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    They'll run in reverse order tomorrow, you know.
    Not in tarmac rallies

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    Yeah, it could be 13 Loebs in front of him and he'd still have been slow on the second stage - I think that was his complaint though, being so far back, not the fact that some of the guys ahead of him aren't factory drivers.
    Mirek knew very well the point I was trying to make
    For tarmac rallies it isn't good enough to use 'championship' order. Melichareks points were gained by being slower than WRC2 and just surviving on the Monte. Protasov's points were WRC 2. For them to start ahead of the last year's winner is a complete farce. I'm not saying Sordo would challenge VW but he's already quicker than the team leader despite the handicap!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Kubica just a disappointment once more... nothing for him to show apart from slow speed and crashes. I was expecting him to be much faster here.

He just does not have the ability to do anything taken seriously at the top of the sport. He is a far better addition than those useless nobodies with sunglasses but that is that and nothing more unfortunately.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    just 3 stages and we have nice battles for 1st and places 3 to 9 are quite open...

Liked 49 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Kubica just a disappointment once more... nothing for him to show apart from slow speed and crashes. I was expecting him to be much faster here.

He just does not have the ability to do anything taken seriously at the top of the sport. He is a far better addition than those useless nobodies with sunglasses but that is that and nothing more unfortunately.
    Yes, I am affraid you are right. Think it's "game over" for Kubica in the WRC.
    Supporting Ogier in the WRC & Ferrari in F1 & Ducati in MotoGP.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post

Ogier is overdriving a bit. He did this in the Helsinki Battle (after the very good run of Neuville), and in Finland (after preassure from Latvala), and now. He is not unaflicted by preassure in the way Loeb was, something that is very good for the championship, because then the other drivers can learn that he is not indistructable (at least not in one single rally, tough VERY difficult to beat over a whole season.)

so far!
    a) Loeb was so good he was rarely under pressure
    b) He was able to avoid pressure from able team mates when it suited by team orders (Sordo) or derating an engine (Ogier)
    c) He wasn't immune though as the last ever rally showed - It was just very rare.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

8. Likes: zoob (22nd August 2014)
    Liked 11,170 Times in 4,436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkka View Post
    Sordo's problem is that he's 14th on the road, not Protasov's or Melicharek's lines.
    Exactly.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 9,376 Times in 4,989 Posts
    All good so far for VW.. but will the team stop them fighting for the win at some point to take the Makers title here at home..

Liked 584 Times in 178 Posts
    Kubica

Mikkelsen
    Last edited by eib1; 22nd August 2014 at 12:58.

12. Likes: zoob (22nd August 2014)