Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Re: 2014 car launch dates

Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    Regardless of how odd some of the cars looks, I'm very much enjoying how they don't all look the same
    I have to admit that the F14-T fits the "odd" criteria.

http://f14t.ferrari.com/static/src/asse ... ront34.jpg
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts

McLaren should be excluded from scoring points until they turn up to the track with a car that doesn't look as stupid as what they've produced. The rules wasn't meant to create cars that have as ridiculous a looking nose as that. Who'd have thought they'd have topped the design monstrosity that was the MP4/10? (1995 car)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I personally like the lotus the most out of the released cars so far...if they show up, I hope it works well for them.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Those car launches remind me a lot of 2009, when we also had a significant regulation change and each team had a different interpretation. I remember, how especially Renault looked very boxy like a tank. Yet RBR looked impressively sleek. Of course there was also a KERS packaging difference, some teams just didn't consider it. However, it has to be noted a "boxy car" doesn't mean it is inherently flawed - the Ferrari F2012 looked aerodynamically inefficient, but despite early season struggles they developed so well that Alonso led the WDC in mid-season.

So based on that I am looking forward to an interesting season. Notably different design solutions could mean each one has their own strengths, which can lead to fluctuations in teams performances - on some circuits some teams are faster, on another circuit other teams.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Anyone know what time the Sauber launch is? Can't find it anywhere.

The teams have got really lazy with their launches this year, many presenting CGI images even and some still haven't confirmed when they're presenting even though they're at the test next week!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RS
    Anyone know what time the Sauber launch is? Can't find it anywhere.

The teams have got really lazy with their launches this year, many presenting CGI images even and some still haven't confirmed when they're presenting even though they're at the test next week!
    I think I saw somewhere on Twitter that it was 3pm UK time, so should be revealed in a hour hopefully.

I agree though. Normally the launches have these big build-ups, but this year it's mostly just a single render revealed on Twitter when they feel like it. The excitement isn't quite the same, and in the case of McLaren and Williams, it's just blank liveries. Sadly I can't see the Sauber livery causing much excitement. It'll be plain coloured with a couple of plain sponsors dotted over it, rather than liveries being shaped by brand sponsor colours.

EDIT: And just minutes after I post that, I see the Sauber C33 has been leaked ahead of the launch. I was spot on about the livery, and might be too early to say judging on one angle... BUT possibly best looking car yet? That nose isn't ugly!

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts

Looks nice, last year's Sauber was about the best looking car too.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minardi

I see the Sauber C33 has been leaked ahead of the launch. I was spot on about the livery, andmight be too early to say judging on one angle... BUT possibly best looking car yet? That nose isn't ugly!

I tend to agree, that is a decent looking challenger!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

The new Ferrari nose looks kind of terrible, or perhaps just humble. It's almost asking: "Let me vacuum the race track for you sir, right?"

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

I actually like the Ferrari Nose. Whether its good and fast or not is a different matter. Basic can be better, but sometimes complex can be better.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy