Page 354 of 439 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4386
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    http://europe.autonews.com/article/2...top-priorities
    People are calling Mueller to kill every VAG motorsport activity....
    It's just some columnist that didn't know what to write in a boring thursday evening but he had to write something to get the salary at the end of the month.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Suffer?I hope they get the hell out of WRC and stick their arrogance up their candy asses..
    they just have to take Ogier with them....
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    ...no need to suffer over the news, mate. VW is heavily capitalized, the stock dispersion is limited and the Porsche/Piech families still have the group control.
    Porsche people getting more grip... first new boss of whole VAG, now also new boss of Škoda (former boss Vahland was sent to US to cope with the crisis).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    The only dominant force in the WRC is Ogier. Its not about budget, or car.
    He would be a World Champion in the Ford, the Hyundai or the Citroën. That's how good he is. That's how big a difference a driver makes.
    Just look at the differences in speed whiting VW, and that's between the three drivers in the WRC that VW thinks are the best.
    Certainly agree with you there, but VW 1,2 and 3 is becoming boring.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Dominant driver and dominant car.

Either way, I doubt the VW team will be expected to change many plans; it's part of their sales and marketing strategy to make sales and they're going to need those sales more than ever. Fortunately, the new top brass have good history with supporting motorsport too, so here's hoping they stick around.
    aka Rodger Davies

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Americans say that " to save money by limiting advertising is like stopping the clock to save time" VW are not that stupid... relax girls, nothing is going to change VW plans in WRC

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Americans say that " to save money by limiting advertising is like stopping the clock to save time" VW are not that stupid... relax girls, nothing is going to change VW plans in WRC
    Stop WRC doesn't mean to stop advertising. They could still change their strategies.
    But yes, I would not bet my money on their exit.

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    Has Alonso ever had a rally car test drive? or would Button be better to put in RX?

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Little off topic... I know You haven't written that in serious manner but actually if there was even a looooot of smoke everything would be ok The diesel combustion runs either with a lot of smoke or with a lot of NOx. If I remember well there is no other way. VW problem is a lot of NOx because even SCR is not some wonder-cure to erase the NOx totally. If they run the engines with less NOX they would have more smoke (that is not really a big problem with DPF) but also higher fuel consumption which would probably cost them the title of the most fuel-efficient brand on the US market...
    Ok, I actually have insight in this issue and can thus answer this question rather well since I work with diesel ship engines on a daily basis.
    NOx is created during the combustion phase of the diesel cycle and is dependent on combustion time (i.e slower engine speed equals more nox) and combustion temperature. Diesels combust at much higher temperature than petrol and it's relatively long stroke means it can't run as fast, which is why it is plagued much more by the issue of NOx than petrol engines.

You don't actually get rid of NOx by running the engine less stoichiometrically (which is when the smoke appears) so smoke doesn't mean no NOx. Smoke comes when the engine is running rich at which point you see the unburnt carbons in the exhaust. Petrol cars have the same issue with unburnt fuel and non stoichiometric running but petrol don't form the same carbon strains as diesel do so the unburnt fuel isn't visible (and therefor looks more environmental during hard acceleration or heavy load increases when it runs rich).

Diesels are also very dependent on good atomization to get good combustion or you will see the typical black smoke. If you have blown the injectors you'll notice the smoke.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to clarify my position. I don't actually neither expect nore hope for a VW exit, just some budget cuts so the racing would be a bit closer and not VW 1, 2, 3 on every single problem free rally!

Of course Ogier would still win but he'd maybe not win every rally of the season!
    Last edited by itix; 27th September 2015 at 23:30.

10. Likes: Mirek (29th September 2015)
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Ok, I actually have insight in this issue and can thus answer this question rather well since I work with diesel ship engines on a daily basis.
    NOx is created during the combustion phase of the diesel cycle and is dependent on combustion time (i.e slower engine speed equals more nox) and combustion temperature. Diesels combust at much higher temperature than petrol and it's relatively long stroke means it can't run as fast, which is why it is plagued much more by the issue of NOx than petrol engines.

You don't actually get rid of NOx by running the engine less stoichiometrically (which is when the smoke appears) so smoke doesn't mean no NOx. Smoke comes when the engine is running rich at which point you see the unburnt carbons in the exhaust. Petrol cars have the same issue with unburnt fuel and non stoichiometric running but petrol don't form the same carbon strains as diesel do so the unburnt fuel isn't visible (and therefor looks more environmental during hard acceleration or heavy load increases when it runs rich).

Diesels are also very dependent on good atomization to get good combustion or you will see the typical black smoke. If you have blown the injectors you'll notice the smoke.

EDIT: Also, I'd like to clarify my position. I don't actually neither expect nore hope for a VW exit, just some budget cuts so the racing would be a bit closer and not VW 1, 2, 3 on every single problem free rally!

Of course Ogier would still win but he'd maybe not win every rally of the season!
    Very good diesel knowledge!

Regarding VW and the WRC, I think their either in it to win it, or out all together. VW doesn't do things half way in motorsport. If its WEC (the two top teams), DTM or WRC, they do it with full commitment.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#