Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

;)

http://i.imgur.com/IJQPDnE.jpg

Rogro for emasculating Kimi
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

Re: Driver of the Race - India

I am getting fed up of F1 (again). I got back into it this year only for this to turn into another 2004.
    Unless something major happens and we have 2/3 teams battling it out next year, I think many fans might get turned off.
    No one wants to keep watching records being broken. without a fight atleast.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts

it would be sily not to include Seb, pretty much flawless today, and it seems the car was trying to give up at the end also. Grosjean for a great drive from the back on a 1 stopper, very impressive pace, and also Perez good points from a good race
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts

I would actually like to see his car give up for once rather than just trying to give up as we have been told a few times...while his team-mates car does give up often enough.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 16 Times in 16 Posts

The winner...of the race...and the WDC...non other than the sublime Seb!
    "But it aint how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done." Rocky.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Grosjean from 17th on the grid (after a mistake by the team) to third was outstanding. Perez and Massa both drove very well and deserve a lot of credit amd Vettel for winning the race, the title etc and deciding to flaunt the rules about celebrating.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    I would actually like to see his car give up for once rather than just trying to give up as we have been told a few times...while his team-mates car does give up often enough.
    You saw that in Silverstone if memory serves me right. That Webber's car dies more often than Vettel's is a myth. Yes, it happened a couple of times last year and this year, but people forget that in 2009 and 2010 it was Vettel, who took the brunt of the mechanical maladies. Until early 2012 the reliability statictics were massively in favour of Mark. It merely 'levelled out' this year, which makes it look excessive.
    We also often don't get to know about the issues of Vettel's car because he's so often in a comfortable lead. For instance his alternator was far from fresh on sunday, too. They merely had the time to do something about it, alerted to the problem by Mark's DNF. For instance he was asked to switch off KERS and even not to use the drinks bottle to avoid any unneccessary load on the wounded component. Many of RB's 2013 problems are of a thermal nature. The car is packed so tightly that cooling becomes tricky. In a way Vettel makes his own luck. He is usually upfront with clean (and importantly cool air), Mark's car mostly ingests the pre-heated air from the cars in the pack ahead of him. Also Mark's bigger frame compunds the problem.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm
    You saw that in Silverstone if memory serves me right. That Webber's car dies more often than Vettel's is a myth. Yes, it happened a couple of times last year and this year, but people forget that in 2009 and 2010 it was Vettel, who took the brunt of the mechanical maladies. Until early 2012 the reliability statictics were massively in favour of Mark. It merely 'levelled out' this year, which makes it look excessive.
    We also often don't get to know about the issues of Vettel's car because he's so often in a comfortable lead. For instance his alternator was far from fresh on sunday, too. They merely had the time to do something about it, alerted to the problem by Mark's DNF. For instance he was asked to switch off KERS and even not to use the drinks bottle to avoid any unneccessary load on the wounded component. Many of RB's 2013 problems are of a thermal nature. The car is packed so tightly that cooling becomes tricky. In a way Vettel makes his own luck. He is usually upfront with clean (and importantly cool air), Mark's car mostly ingests the pre-heated air from the cars in the pack ahead of him. Also Mark's bigger frame compunds the problem.
    Nice response there , dj .
    Well reasoned .

There is , though , the issue of Mark's starts , which the team doesn't seem able to solve .

That , too , could be related to your point about weight , with Mark being bigger , making less ballasting available .
    That may make the car a little hobbled for Mark to start with , in that sense .

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

That could be absolutely correct. I guess the only way to know if Marks slow starts are due to him being huge and fat (1.85m tall or in olde english 6 feet and 75 kg or 11st 11(hell one of my legs is nearly as heavy as he is!)) or if his reactions are slightly slow

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts

Mark couldn't make good starts when he was a Jaguar driver.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!