Hi,

I have never been to watch a rally. All motorsport I have been to see in the past is circuit based. I wanted to go and see the WRC in wales this year and I was just wondering what it was like? If anybody has been in the past maybe you could answer some questions?

1.What do you need to buy a ticket for? Do the marshals control the side of the road the entire length of the rally and check that people have paid to stand there?
2.Are there predefined spectator areas? So this means they fence off the entire length of the route?
3.As each car will only pass you once, do you have to keep moving down the route? If so how many times a day do you move? Are there 4 stages a day? If you do have to move then do you walk from stage to stage or do you have to drive (surely there isn’t adequate roads and parking to handle all this traffic?)
4.What happens while the WRC is not going on? I was thinking about getting a 3 day pass and camping. I have done this at circuits where there is always something going on. Is there a central base where everybody goes? Or do people just do their own thing somewhere nearby?
5.As everybody will be stood in random locations along the stage how would you know when it was time to move to the next stage? Do they send a marshal car after the last racer to let people know it was over?
6.What other class of car competes alongside the WRC? I understand they have the S2000 class now? Are there many other class of car there?

I have looked on the WRC website and the Rally GB website, but I can’t really find any of this information. I’m really looking for some kind of guide to watching a rally.

Anybody been there before, any suggestions on type of ticket to go for?