Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Re: 2014 Silly Season

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3003 ... tus-talks/
    I want Felipe to get the ride at Lotus so he can finally prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is faster, and a much better all around racer than Fred.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I would too would like to see Felippe at Lotus, it would be an honest opportunity for him after years as Alonso's sidekick ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Parabolica
    I can see why people can't bring themselves to call the current Enstone incarnation by its current moniker, but with due respect it isn't Renault anymore and certainly wasn't the Equipe Renault Elf of yore.

I truly don't expect anyone to pay any notice, but the team in question didn't start life as Renault.

Or Benetton, for that matter.

It didn't even start in Enstone, either, so the E tag on the car is a slightly misleading one, albeit one which indicates, I think, the number of models made in Enstone?

Anyhow, back to the Silly Season.

If Hulkenburg doesn't get the Lotus seat, this isn't Silly Season. It's Really Silly Season.
    Quite right about their heritage, they are in fact Toleman, but the reason I wont call them lotus is because Lotus are on the cars as a marque owned by sponsors Proton, it would be like calling McLaren a Vodafone or Ferrari a Shell/Marlboro. At least when they were known as Renault, Renault sport did buy the team from benetton.

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Back to the thread. Looking at how Massa drove pre Alonso, he was fast and consistent, I'm wondering how much being tagged as a number 2 driver has effected his confidence. Sure that aweful incident in Hungary didn't help, but was the accident the thing that really put his career on the back slide. I would love the Enstone team to give him a chance to prove his worth, but I would also love to see the Hulk in a car able to win races as well.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anfield5
    Quite right about their heritage, they are in fact Toleman, but the reason I wont call them lotus is because Lotus are on the cars as a marque owned by sponsors Proton, it would be like calling McLaren a Vodafone or Ferrari a Shell/Marlboro. At least when they were known as Renault, Renault sport did buy the team from benetton.
    It's also confusing because there have been two different teams called Lotus in the last 3 years. I was reading something recently about a driver being offered a contract by Lotus a few years ago, and I was left wondering whether it meant the team that's Lotus now or the team that was Lotus at the time the offer was made.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Back to the thread. Looking at how Massa drove pre Alonso, he was fast and consistent, I'm wondering how much being tagged as a number 2 driver has effected his confidence. Sure that aweful incident in Hungary didn't help, but was the accident the thing that really put his career on the back slide. I would love the Enstone team to give him a chance to prove his worth, but I would also love to see the Hulk in a car able to win races as well.
    We could see some fireworks at the next race , as Massa said this to his Brazilian fans the other day :
    “I will not race for Alonso from now on. From Friday in Singapore I will be working for myself.” .

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL
    It's also confusing because there have been two different teams called Lotus in the last 3 years. I was reading something recently about a driver being offered a contract by Lotus a few years ago, and I was left wondering whether it meant the team that's Lotus now or the team that was Lotus at the time the offer was made.
    I agree and Lotus for me in this case is the title sponsor rather than the historical Lotus we know and loved. When I see the Black car of Kimi and Romain I still associate it with Renault as they were the last manufacturer at that team. As long as we know what we mean I don't think it makes too much difference. Lotus, Renault, Enstone team whatever.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    We could see some fireworks at the next race , as Massa said this to his Brazilian fans the other day :
    “I will not race for Alonso from now on. From Friday in Singapore I will be working for myself.” .
    Good, maybe he can score enough points to help Ferrari secure 2nd place in the WDC. A win win for Ferrari in my way of thinking
    May the forza be with you

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan
    Good, maybe he can score enough points to help Ferrari secure 2nd place in the WDC. A win win for Ferrari in my way of thinking
    For me , it's that last shred of dignity that he had , gone .
    For all the crap he's taken , for being the lap dog , he had my respect for following orders .

With this little pram toss , I could see him turfed before the end , which would be a sad end for wee Mousa .

The spitting Luca is not impressed . It may not take long .

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts

Yeah, DiMussolini already quoted as saying Massa will surely be a team player. I mean why is Massa so pissed about getting axed now? I don't get it

BTW, I hate this new forum look. Hard to determine which thread is the one i want to enter into (they all flow together on the front page). When i'm finally reading through posts, it's hard to discern where one post stops and another one begins. And what is it with all the quotes within a quote within a quote, within a quote??? What happened to the old forum? I may leave (where's my f%&*@ing emoticon?)
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent