Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    That's his natural state of mind!
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 50 Times in 32 Posts
    I couldn't find any mention of maximum or minimum wheel base, or overall length, there are rules about overhangings, but thats it. And when you think about it, it's not a bad thing, gives some freedom to the engineers.
    C'est la vie ja taksi tuo.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 555-04Q2
    Indeed Looks like his faith in LH will be repayed shortly.
    I wonder how long LH will stay with McClaren though, If it becomes evident that Alonso will always get the preferential treatment, I can realisticly see LH moving to Ferrari or Renault in a year or two. Ron Dennis may have supported his career early on but if LH feels stuck behind Alonso and/or becomes frustrated with RD's continued strategy to undermine his race day efforts ( in a quiet attempt to position his role as a diligent #2 driver out to protect his #1) then I can cleary see LH leaving. He will be the most coveted driver in 1-2 years.

How long is his contract with McClaren (not that it really matters though as one can find a way to get out of contracts these days)
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janneppi
    I couldn't find any mention of maximum or minimum wheel base, or overall length, there are rules about overhangings, but thats it. And when you think about it, it's not a bad thing, gives some freedom to the engineers.
    it also makes sense. Wheel base isn't nearly as critical to cornering speed as width is.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    I wonder how long LH will stay with McClaren though, If it becomes evident that Alonso will always get the preferential treatment, I can realisticly see LH moving to Ferrari or Renault in a year or two. Ron Dennis may have supported his career early on but if LH feels stuck behind Alonso and/or becomes frustrated with RD's continued strategy to undermine his race day efforts ( in a quiet attempt to position his role as a diligent #2 driver out to protect his #1) then I can cleary see LH leaving. He will be the most coveted driver in 1-2 years.

How long is his contract with McClaren (not that it really matters though as one can find a way to get out of contracts these days)
    Well if Mclaren holds true to what Steve Matchett (SpeedTV) has been saying, little Lewis should get the better pit strategy in tommorrows race. If Mclaren don't give preferential treatment until the WDC is alot more clear I see no reason why Lewis should want to leave, as long as reliability and pace are good.
    J

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72

Well if Mclaren holds true to what Steve Matchett (SpeedTV) has been saying, little Lewis should get the better pit strategy in tommorrows race. If Mclaren don't give preferential treatment until the WDC is alot more clear I see no reason why Lewis should want to leave, as long as reliability and pace are good.
    J

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjanicke
    Pit strategy is decided before Qualifying 3, so what was decided can't be changed from now on, not for the first round of pit stops anyway.
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Pit strategy is decided before Qualifying 3, so what was decided can't be changed from now on, not for the first round of pit stops anyway.
    Not so sure that pit strategy is fully decided before Q3. Fuel load is however decided before Q3. If necessary they can alter the pit strategy after Q3 by not refilling the max fuel credit. It is not against the rules to start off lighter than the start of Q3.

+ I think Steve Matchett would understand that part of F1 racing better than you or I.
    J

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Not so sure that pit strategy is fully decided before Q3. Fuel load is however decided before Q3. If necessary they can alter the pit strategy after Q3 by not refilling the max fuel credit. It is not against the rules to start off lighter than the start of Q3.

+ I think Steve Matchett would understand that part of F1 racing better than you or I.
    I really don't see why someone would not refill all the fuel they can, after all what use to compromise your qualifying with more fuel and than start on low fuel? As far as logics go I can't see what there is to be gained this way?

If Matchett was that good he would be the strategist in an F1 team. :
    I gave up a long time ago believeing what so called F1 expert journos say.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I really don't see why someone would not refill all the fuel they can, after all what use to compromise your qualifying with more fuel and than start on low fuel? As far as logics go I can't see what there is to be gained this way?

If Matchett was that good he would be the strategist in an F1 team. :
    I gave up a long time ago believeing what so called F1 expert journos say.
    But I guess you are a better strategist than a former bennoton mechanic.

I'll hang my hat on Matchett!
    J

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    But I guess you are a better strategist than a former bennoton mechanic.
    Well, I'm no mechanic, and...

I'll hang my hat on Matchett!
    ...I prefer to use my brain.
    You may do whatever you want with your hat!