Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drivers, drivers, drivers...

And that's in my opinion why Mac won the race today, and that's why imo will do the same with drivers and constructors titles.

Ferrari has undoubtely very fast and sharp drivers, but Mac has a real dream team. His drivers are better more focused and that is bringing all the team behind them, while Ferrari, well we saw it in the first corner.

The difference imo is tha Fernando and Lewis are very confident young men who know that with hard work and dedication everything will come together, while the others(Ferrari) count too much in the car they are driving. FA and LW are not only as talented as Kimi, but they are more dedicated, know the business better and more important, they deliver.

The real dream team will get interesting very soon, because the race craft of young Lewis is only matched by young Nano.

And a prediction : Ferrari hit the top in 2004 and it is still downwards. 2007 won't change the trend.

Cheers
    David
    Take the pedal to the metal

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    IMO Raikkonen is faster than Alonso, maybe not better, but faster. LH is not yetr a mathch for them IMO and I personally think that we must still wait and see how the season will progress.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry mate, but I'll be clear with my opinion. Rakka is not faster that FA never has been never will be. I just haven't seen it yet. And LW is of course a match, I mean did you not see the race. I don't have to wait for Lewis as he seems a very punctual man, he was on time from day one and see no reason while he should start to be "late".

Cheers
    David

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1boat
    IMO Raikkonen is faster than Alonso, maybe not better, but faster. LH is not yetr a mathch for them IMO and I personally think that we must still wait and see how the season will progress.
    agreed, but LH is only going to get better.

Ferrari are still a player and kimmi is still my pick for WDC
    watch out for Williams though... you can never count out sir Frank.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OTA
    Sorry mate, but I'll be clear with my opinion. Rakka is not faster that FA never has been never will be. I just haven't seen it yet. And LW is of course a match, I mean did you not see the race. I don't have to wait for Lewis as he seems a very punctual man, he was on time from day one and see no reason while he should start to be "late".

Cheers
    David

I'm no Ferrari fan, but c'mon Kimmi is faster than Alonso, as dominating as his performance was toiday, so was kimmi's in Australia. Kimmi is faster and more agressive, Alonso is more Prost like in his driving aproach. He is fast, but not Kimmi fast. That's about the opinon up and down the paddock by almost everyone.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72
    agreed, but LH is only going to get better.
    We must wait and see about that. I think that rookies are very well prepared in F1 today and don't improve as much as in ol' days.
    Formula 1

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    FA and LW are not only as talented as Kimi, but they are more dedicated, know the business better and more important, they deliver.
    Really doing Kimi a disservice there, you don't get to where he is without being dedicated and knowing the business, and as far as delivering? You just basing that on today's race I guess, which proves nothing.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No Ian, I base my opinion in Kimi in his whole career. Great career I must say, but some are definately better.
    And about delivering, well I think we all know what I'm refering. For the past few months we have heard and read how fast the Ferraris are, but reality is a hard wall to climb, just look and the standings and you'll see FA on top. Do you think that if FA was driving a Ferrari standings will be diferent? So where's the speed?

Cheers
    David

Filming episode 18 of Bob called 'Richard, I am your father!' Bob's long lost son!
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    No Ian, I base my opinion in Kimi in his whole career. Great career I must say, but some are definately better.

Comes down to the car he's been driving, not many get the chance to jump straight from Formula Renault straight into F1, and not many get to drive for Ferrari. I think you are reading too much into the result of one race.
    Jim Raynor will be returning soon!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Kimi is faster than Alonso in terms of raw speed / natural ability, but Alonso is a better all round driver overall. Kimi relies on the team to provide him with a good car, and then he turns up an drives it, relying heavily on his natural talent. Alonso is more of a team player and will be more active in helping develop the car and making sure he and the team are as prepared as possible going into a race. In the best car, Kimi and Alonso would probably be closely matched if in the same team, but in a less competitive car I think Alonso would have the upper hand as he would work hard to make the car better.