Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Look how few people showed up for Daytona 500 qualifying. Clearly the Daytona 500 is way more dead than the Indy 500.
    Pole qualifying for the Daytona 500 was never an event. A much better comparison would be the Daytona Duel 150's, held on a Wednesday. And the crowds were not sparse at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn7ISIv-O6g
    "For 80 years this place has run on tradition. From today forward it will run as a business." - Tony George (Failed businessman)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidkha48
    2013 Indianapolis 500 already has been started.Will indycar show on ESPN?
    HERE is the official race thread mate. Welcome to the forum!
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Qualifying these days is a tough sell. They're not setting any new records, and there's lots of dead time at the track. When there is "action," it's just one car, which as stated earlier isn't setting records or doing anything new.

This isn't so much an IndyCar problem per se. Just another example of how the modern event-goer needs more to get them through the gate than they did 10-20 years ago.
    Brian Carroccio
    IndyCar Columnist, AutoRacing1.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidkha48
    2013 Indianapolis 500 already has been started.Will indycar show on ESPN?

When? looking forward to this.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I wonder if I might be able to watch Indy 500 race live on NBC without seeing any spoilers with regards to the Monaco GP aired earlier the same day. Is there any hope for this?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As the 500 is on ABC, you have no hope of watching it on NBC this year.

And the outcome of Monaco will probably be in the Bottom Line. I suggest not looking at it.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_andrew
    Look how few people showed up for Daytona 500 qualifying. Clearly the Daytona 500 is way more dead than the Indy 500.

[youtube]dawTPtI0i9g[/youtube]
    Not many people care to watch qualifying these days no matter if it is NASCAR or Indycar. Hopefully the Indy 500 will have a full house Sunday though.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What's a point having a discussion forum when there is no freedom to openly discuss everything including things that some of us find disturbing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    What's a point having a discussion forum when there is no freedom to openly discuss everything including things that some of us find disturbing.

Because I thought it was tasteless and crass, that's why. There are plenty of other places where such discussion can, and does, go on. While I am moderating this forum, this won't be one of them. I have no issue with the discussion of crashes in the context of the discussion of a particular race, but a thread whose sole purpose was to discuss "worst crashes" is in poor taste.

Gary
    "If you think there's a solution, you're part of the problem." --- George Carlin :andrea: R.I.P.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garyshell
    Because I thought it was tasteless and crass, that's why. There are plenty of other places where such discussion can, and does, go on. While I am moderating this forum, this won't be one of them. I have no issue with the discussion of crashes in the context of the discussion of a particular race, but a thread who's sole purpose was to discuss "worst crashes" is in poor taste.

Gary
    Respect to the powers that be, but strongly disagree for sake of honest discussion, as subject how awful it might be,
    unfortunately is part of the sport that we love.