Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hopefully not Lotus 2.0 (Audi eyeing Indycar)

So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    They have resources that Lotus could only dream about. Don't hold your breath for their arrival though.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    They have resources that Lotus could only dream about. Don't hold your breath for their arrival though.
    Agree with this. I don't see any reason that makes Indycar appealing to anyone at present structure. I think nascar brass are gonna make sure they go to sports car.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Audi (VW) will either do it right or not at all.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FIAT1
    Agree with this. I don't see any reason that makes Indycar appealing to anyone at present structure. I think nascar brass are gonna make sure they go to sports car.
    They already do Sportscars. Their R8 is run in the G/A GT Class and the CTSCC.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    They already do Sportscars. Their R8 is run in the G/A GT Class and the CTSCC.
    Ullrich left the door open to a possible Prototype USRC entry by Audi, but Durheimer went further and stated that he was in favour of a move into the top class of the merged US sportscar series.

"I am personally in favour of Daytona Prototypes, because I think it is important to make overall wins," he explained. "Class wins [with the R8 GRAND-AM] are nice, but at the end of the day you have to win the race."
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was at the Road Atlanta Grand Am race today. No Audis were in attendance.
    "Risk sweetens everything" - Peter Revson (1939 - 1974)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't think it will be Lotus 2.0, but I think they will be behind the 8 ball for atleast a year. Lotus (more appropriate to call it a Judd) never really got off the ground in R&D and sputtered out until the very end. Good idea just bad fudning, timing, fuel mapping, technical support and attitude towards the team that stuck with them.
    So sad that thin skinned namby pambies infect a place and other placate to their wishes at the expense of others who have done no wrong.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lotus doesn't make their own engines for street cars. Why they tried branding race car engines was beyond me.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    My apologies to the remaining faithful here, but I hope they do a branded Grand Am DP (engine and chassis). He said two of the three (Grand Am, ICS and DTM America) would be max. So if they also did an Indy Car engine, that would be cool too. But I'd rather see a Grand Am entry if they only do one. The mock-up in that article looks pretty sweet! And if they want to take on BMW and Mercedes, BMW already races in Grand Am.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith