Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Well its safe to say Hamilton had the better weekend of the two this time around. A brilliant lap in quali, but I had my doubts about race performance with the weather being so hot. Merc still have issues keeping the tyres cool when running heavy fuel and both Merc drivers were suffering from front tyres overheating. It seems they find the sweet spot in the last 20 laps though when the car becomes lighter. Too late often though. I thought Hamilton put in a blinder though for the second race in a row. Secured decent points considering the issues he had and put up a great fight with Alonso. It was great to see two experienced WDC's go wheel to wheel but also demonstrating the respect they have for each other in terms of being fair. Enjoyable to watch.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Well its safe to say Hamilton had the better weekend of the two this time around. A brilliant lap in quali, but I had my doubts about race performance with the weather being so hot. Merc still have issues keeping the tyres cool when running heavy fuel and both Merc drivers were suffering from front tyres overheating. It seems they find the sweet spot in the last 20 laps though when the car becomes lighter. Too late often though. I thought Hamilton put in a blinder though for the second race in a row. Secured decent points considering the issues he had and put up a great fight with Alonso. It was great to see two experienced WDC's go wheel to wheel but also demonstrating the respect they have for each other in terms of being fair. Enjoyable to watch.
    This is my view on the race exactly.

Hamilton has easily outshone Rosberg now for two races running. Two pole positions in a row but yet no race win. I'm sure his time for a race win will come, maybe even in Hungary if the temperatures aren't too hot, but for now he is very unlucky to have had at least one win under his belt.

It's clear now that Merc's issues with overheating their tires are directly tied to track temperature. They have been suffering these issues for nearly two years now, they really need to begin to get on top of it with all the resources they have at their disposal.

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vhatever
    He left because he thinks merc is going to be in the catbird's seat come the engine changes.
    And this is a bad thing for a professional race driver to do because..?

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    because he doesn't like him... D-oh

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    And this is a bad thing for a professional race driver to do because..?
    well, it would depend if you think loyalty is important as an F1 fan, or honesty for that matter. As we have seen over lewys career he is both loyalty and honesty challenged.

wouldn't want that cancer growing on my team.

What about Vettel stating numerous times during his championship campaigns with Red Bull, the desire to one day drive for Ferrari?

It brought a lot of heat towards Horner in 2010 and 2011 and he made the comments twice in a week in one instance. I have nothing against that at all and don't blame a driver discussing his long term plans but it strikes me as falling into the disloyalty category if judged through the bitter and hypocritical ideals of someone else here. Although I find it amusing, its food for thought and entertainment for the rest of you.

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    What about Vettel stating numerous times during his championship campaigns with Red Bull, the desire to one day drive for Ferrari?

It brought a lot of heat towards Horner in 2010 and 2011 and he made the comments twice in a week in one instance. I have nothing against that at all and don't blame a driver discussing his long term plans but it strikes me as falling into the disloyalty category if judged through the bitter and hypocritical ideals of someone else here. Although I find it amusing, its food for thought and entertainment for the rest of you.

I wasn't aware Vettel jumped ship to go to ferrari because he thought they would build him a better car.

Anyway, you are getting off topic.

Ha.

Well it seems I came up with something rather inconvenient lol. I wonder why Vettel jumped to Red Bull from Toro Rosso when he could have stayed in the Red Bull family but given himself a bigger challenge with his original team? If I was in the same position I would go to the team that gave me a better car and the better chance to win the championship, just like Seb did. Drivers move all the time and have done throughout history. Real F1 fans know this of course lol.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vh
    well, it would depend if you think loyalty is important
    I don't dislike McLaren, but IMO they ask for a little too much loyalty from their drivers, and would never knock anyone for seeking another team. The Boss stayed there longer than most of the talent they've brought in over the years. As for the battle; LH has scored about 15% more points than NR, but Nico's two wins cancel that out. Lewis's style looks mopre spectacular than Nico's, but than what does that really count for? Without the two DNFs for mechanical issues Britney would likely be even with Lewis at this stage. So, I give a slight edge to Nico at this point in the season, but there is still a long way to go. Two drivers I really like and I wish the best to both of them.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Ha.

Well it seems I came up with something rather inconvenient lol. I wonder why Vettel jumped to Red Bull from Toro Rosso when he could have stayed in the Red Bull family but given himself a bigger challenge with his original team? If I was in the same position I would go to the team that gave me a better car and the better chance to win the championship, just like Seb did. Drivers move all the time and have done throughout history. Real F1 fans know this of course lol.
    Uhh, vettel went from red bull to red bull. Even his tiny stint with BMW his contract was still with red bull. I'm pretty sure any "real F1 fan " would know that... lol?