Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Orders

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ban team orders and if they can't... Ban the constructors championship, who cares about that anyway... There's no driver who cares about the constructors championship, all they want is to be P1 in the drivers standings after all.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 675 Times in 472 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Does anyone think Red Bull will chastise Vettel for blatantly ignoring team orders? I'm not sure they will but I think they really need to, no driver is bigger than the team.. or at least shouldn't be.
    Banning him for a race, as has been suggested, is not in the teams best interests. Telling Seb to let Mark past near the end of the next race to even things up again would probably be the best solution.... but if he chose to also ignore that they would have no other choice other than to sack him.

Tricky situation for RB?
    It will be interesting to see how RB handle this situation. I can say for sure that Seb is lucky I don't manage the team, as I wouldn't be easy on the young lad. I'd even be tempted to see if the sponsors would allow his car to be painted pink for a race or two, since he turned into such a whining little girl.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Ban the constructors championship, who cares about that anyway... There's no driver who cares about the constructors championship, all they want is to be P1 in the drivers standings after all.
    What about the constructors themselves, don't they also deserve to get something from F1?
    F1 would die.. or at best end up as a one make series if you had your way.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    It will be interesting to see how RB handle this situation. I can say for sure that Seb is lucky I don't manage the team, as I wouldn't be easy on the young lad. I'd even be tempted to see if the sponsors would allow his car to be painted pink for a race or two, since he turned into such a whining little girl.
    You and I both..

"Watson said Horner's authority had been undermined by Vettel and called on the team boss to take action.
    "If Christian Horner doesn't reassert his authority in the team - because he has been totally subjugated by Sebastian Vettel yesterday - then his position in the team is not exactly the role it is designed to be," said Watson.
    "The only conclusion I can reach is that Vettel should be suspended for the next grand prix.
    "You can't take the points away from him and give them to Mark Webber. That's now history and Sebastian has the benefit of those seven additional points.
    "You can't really fine him - it is almost irrelevant to fine him - so the only purposeful way to bring him to book is to say 'you will stand out one race'."
    Following the race on Sunday, Horner said Red Bull would discuss Vettel's move "behind closed doors".

cont...

BBC Sport - Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel should be suspended - John Watson

I agree that this has undermined Horner and that he needs to reassert his authority... but disagree that banning him for a race is the best and only solution.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    He likes changing his helmet design doesn't he, you could make him drive the next race in a helmet painted to look like a bell-end

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Vettel / How would all you guys feel if Helmet Marko,states in the press that he feels Webber is not a good racer,will not win races ,and needs to up his game to keep his seat in the RB team.Then in Australia ,through no fault of his own ,due to an ECU problem his start,and race is messed up.Now a week later,after a good quali,and a good race he comes out from his last pit stop and is told to preserve his tyres and turn down his power as ,there are NOW team orders and Vettel has been told to hold station and not overtake. He then sees Vettel race past him and win the race,when it was confirmed to him TWICE,that Vettel had been told to not race him. He and I would think,are they telling me one thing and Vettel another,are they being truthful with me,or am I being shafted to make me look like a weak racer on purpose. In my eyes Vettel should have been told to hand back the lead to Webber,or brought in for another pit stop by his team,because he NEEDS to understand that he races for a TEAM,and the team have full control and no one person is above the team .I can fully understand Webbers frustration,and how he had enough control to not knock seven bells out of Vettel we will never know .
    Rosberg/ I can fully understand Rosbergs frustration,at losing out on a podium,and Hamilton would rather win a race out on the race fair and square,rather than by team orders,and he made that quite clear in post race comments on the interviews.BUT Rosberg must realize that the Mercedes car he is now racing is NOW a race winning contender,due to Hamiltons ,feedback,and information and know how that Hamilton has brought with him from McLaren. When Schumacher was hired ,after all his years at Ferrari,the car really never improved, and I know that cars had moved on ,in the period between the Schu leaving Ferrari then joining Mercedes .Again Rosberg did stick to team orders ,and any team hiring a driver will know that Rosberg does as he is requested ,whereas the German does not.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    If watching F1 comes down to watching the last ten laps sunday crusing and not full on racing it will wither away. May need let them fuel again to see what we all want racing to the max . Sort it Berine

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

QUE???

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    If there were no team orders F1 would certainly be more boring.

The inter-team rivalry is one aspect which makes the sport truly fascinating. Prost v Senna is one of the all time great rivalries in the world of sports.

The win at all cost mentality is in some cases like an anthropological/psychological study - the length and depths drivers will sink low to get what they want. Alonso being a perfect example but also I remember someone (Peter Windsor?) recounted when Frank Williams was lying in hospital worse for wear after his car crippling car crash Nelson Piquet tried to convince Frank that he made him number one driver!
    I think your first sentence contradicts the remainder of your post.
    When in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Vettel / How would all you guys feel if Helmet Marko,states in the press that he feels Webber is not a good racer,will not win races ,and needs to up his game to keep his seat in the RB team.Then in Australia ,through no fault of his own ,due to an ECU problem his start,and race is messed up.Now a week later,after a good quali,and a good race he comes out from his last pit stop and is told to preserve his tyres and turn down his power as ,there are NOW team orders and Vettel has been told to hold station and not overtake. He then sees Vettel race past him and win the race,when it was confirmed to him TWICE,that Vettel had been told to not race him. He and I would think,are they telling me one thing and Vettel another,are they being truthful with me,or am I being shafted to make me look like a weak racer on purpose. In my eyes Vettel should have been told to hand back the lead to Webber,or brought in for another pit stop by his team,because he NEEDS to understand that he races for a TEAM,and the team have full control and no one person is above the team .I can fully understand Webbers frustration,and how he had enough control to not knock seven bells out of Vettel we will never know .
    Rosberg/ I can fully understand Rosbergs frustration,at losing out on a podium,and Hamilton would rather win a race out on the race fair and square,rather than by team orders,and he made that quite clear in post race comments on the interviews.BUT Rosberg must realize that the Mercedes car he is now racing is NOW a race winning contender,due to Hamiltons ,feedback,and information and know how that Hamilton has brought with him from McLaren. When Schumacher was hired ,after all his years at Ferrari,the car really never improved, and I know that cars had moved on ,in the period between the Schu leaving Ferrari then joining Mercedes .Again Rosberg did stick to team orders ,and any team hiring a driver will know that Rosberg does as he is requested ,whereas the German does not.
    Did you get commas cheaply in a yard sale? Btw if you say 'the German' you should realize that Rosberg is one, too You make some good points, but the rest of your rant is a wee bit painted in nationalism.
    Hamilton has absolutely nothing to do with the upturn in the Mercedes fortunes. When he joined them at the start of the year the car was already done except for a bit of fine-tuning.
    Mark looks like a weak racer, because he is one. He can steamroll the whole field on his day - expertly proven last year at Monaco and Silverstone - but he is way too inconsistent to challengefor titles. And he's the last to demand anything. Sulking now that Vettel has crapped in his salad makes him look like a hypocrit. We are talking about the man, who before last year's Brazil GP announced to the world that he'll do nothing to help his team mate and promptly acted accordingly on the track despite being told by his team to back off. Crying foul now makes him look like a complete tool.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    the Mercedes car he is now racing is NOW a race winning contender,due to Hamiltons ,feedback,and information and know how that Hamilton has brought with him from McLaren.
    I reckon Hamilton brought at least 7 tenths with him, what?
    United in diversity !!!