Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: Pirelli 2013 ?

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    And just reading some of the morons' comments on the Pirelli Sport FB page tells you all you need to know, not to mention Jezza Clarkson and his condom remark on Top Gear......
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Alca-Tazizzle
    Pirelli have changed their tire selection to soft and medium for Hungary. This should bode well for Ferrari and Lotus. Vettel will most likely win however!
    I have to agree...his race to lose, no matter about the tires. But if the tires are not an issue and this "unfortunate" change continues, then poor Bernie will be forced to find some other way to screw things up and add to the "show" so he can give "the fans" (that term does not include the typical poster on this website) what he thinks that they want to generate publicity.
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer:

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    If I was Hembrey I would have already announced their departure at the end of the current season. They've been made to look like complete fools by the FIA and wasted so much money trying to produce tyres on little to no testing in between GP's. Do Pirelli really need to be in F1? Not really.
    The rules should be changed regarding tyre compounds. Currently it can only be changed on safety grounds or teams vote but Pirelli should be allowed more freedom to change compounds.

Pirelli have changed their tire selection to soft and medium for Hungary. This should bode well for Ferrari and Lotus. Vettel will most likely win however!
    In Germany we had a 3-stopper - the sort of race Ferrari excelled this year but they were nowhere in terms of pace. This suggests to me their development have been very poor recently.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    The rules should be changed regarding tyre compounds. Currently it can only be changed on safety grounds or teams vote but Pirelli should be allowed more freedom to change compounds.

In Germany we had a 3-stopper - the sort of race Ferrari excelled this year but they were nowhere in terms of pace. This suggests to me their development have been very poor recently.
    I've got a crazy idea, let Pirelli bring whatever tyres to the race, let them bring as many as they want and don't limit the teams to a number, then let the teams run however many of whatever tyres they want.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

It is a crazy idea. We are in an era of cost cutting and tyres cost money.

Pat Symonds has admitted that tyre tests/free-for-all was a waste of time and resources. He would rather the testing program concentrated on his own car.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It is a crazy idea. We are in an era of cost cutting and tyres cost money.

Pat Symonds has admitted that tyre tests/free-for-all was a waste of time and resources. He would rather the testing program concentrated on his own car.
    IMHO the tyres are such a relatively small cost of the sport, you could go back to the old ways and it wouldn't hurt the teams in terms of money.
    Rule 1 of the forum, always accuse anyone who disagrees with you of bias.I would say that though.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    I agree to some extent, and I’m not saying that Hungary will be Ferrari friendly. My point was that they would be much worse off against the likes of Red Bull and Mercedes with the harder compounds. I’m sorry if I was unclear in that matter. I think that with the change of tires Ferrari will be closer to The Bulls and maybe even ahead of Mercedes in race trim, although that may be a bit of a stretch. Last year Pirelli brought the same compounds and this year these are softer, and the weather is expected to be hotter

As for Germany; it is my understanding that they were caught out (as were other teams) with set-up due to higher temps than expected on race day, which induced over steer, the reason Felipe spun, and Fred first stint ended early (about lap 13) to adjust balance. That, in combination with the slow corners of "The Nube" pretty much did them in IMHO.
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    IMHO the tyres are such a relatively small cost of the sport, you could go back to the old ways and it wouldn't hurt the teams in terms of money.
    TBH I don't see being limited to sets of tyres is such a problem. It works well elsewhere and nor is it a common to hear teams complain about the availability of tyres.

Good tyres should allow strategy variation. Manufacturer should pull their finger out (Goodyear/Bridgestone) and not be hindered by regs (Pirelli).

IMHO F1 has far greater problems than how many tyres you can run.

I agree to some extent, and I’m not saying that Hungary will be Ferrari friendly. My point was that they would be much worse off against the likes of Red Bull and Mercedes with the harder compounds. I’m sorry if I was unclear in that matter. I think that with the change of tires Ferrari will be closer to The Bulls and maybe even ahead of Mercedes in race trim, although that may be a bit of a stretch. Last year Pirelli brought the same compounds and this year these are softer, and the weather is expected to be hotter

As for Germany; it is my understanding that they were caught out (as were other teams) with set-up due to higher temps than expected on race day, which induced over steer, the reason Felipe spun, and Fred first stint ended early (about lap 13) to adjust balance. That, in combination with the slow corners of "The Nube" pretty much did them in IMHO.
    Well the compounds are still softer than last year so we'll see how it works out in conjunction with the revised construction.

Regardless of handling issues Alonso admitted post-race that the pace of his car wasn't good enough BBC Sport - Ferrari's Fernando Alonso says team must start winning

Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts
    TBH I don't see being limited to sets of tyres is such a problem. It works well elsewhere and nor is it a common to hear teams complain about the availability of tyres.

Good tyres should allow strategy variation. Manufacturer should pull their finger out (Goodyear/Bridgestone) and not be hindered by regs (Pirelli).

IMHO F1 has far greater problems than how many tyres you can run.
    or NOT be hindered by the absence of proper testing....unfortunately, it has come down to tire compounds and the car's ability to use that particular compound for determining the outcome
    Only the dead know the end of war. Plato:beer: