Page 15 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fgp 2013

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroTroll
    Is that what the Ayatollah says to his people?
    Well not exactly... I don't think!

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    Some = yourself.

You're going down to the POS. When Button and Perez finish 1-2 it's game over.
    Ok now I see. You're still thinking Button has a chance, so you've lost all touch of reality and don't care about the beautiful grid girls and models anyway. Psssssst... this isn't the Brawn car.

<smack talk mode off>

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hulkenberg
    Pic
    Kobayashi
    McLaren
    Renault
    Australia
    TAZ Grand Prix Racing

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dudes in F1

Hulkenberg - 10
    Perez - 12
    Kobayashi -1
    Mercedes - 13
    Ferrari - 12

Shanghai

So do the peeps that picked Sutil as their reserve driver at the start of thread get to keep him or do they have to re-pick their team?

Thanks again for organising and running.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Okay, I enter as well... in almost the last moment. We were struggling to design the car and get the budget together. So we missed all winter tests. : But we still believe we are fully prepared to enter the Australian Grand Prix already this weekend!

My team name has been slightly changed compared to last year. Title sponsor is added. That's why it took time to enter the team, main sponsor was needed! An international company called „Purple“ decided to fund us! Of course the livery has been designed accordingly as well! But we are positive, looking forward to set a lot of purple sector times, or like the saying goes.

So the official team name:

Purple Jens GP Racing Team

Driver #1: Hülkenberg (10 M)
    Driver #2: Bottas (6 M)
    Driver #R: da Costa (1 M)
    Chassis: Red Bull (22 M)
    Engine: Mercedes (9 M)
    Bonus GP: Belgian Grand Prix

I hope our accountant did a solid job and didn't mix up the numbers. It should be 48M. The exact amount of money our sponsor Purple just sent us last night like they promised!

Aim:
    I know the competition is tight and all teams are aiming for the best. So we are just hoping to be 'competitive', close to the leaderboard. And hope for the best there!

Lessons from last year:
    Grosjean let us down a lot and Glock didn't score anything. We wanted to improve our driver front by having two drivers, who can score points. We still rely on young and potentially erratic drivers, but we believe they have potential to be consistent drivers. We believe Sauber and Williams won't let us down with cars as well and keep providing our drivers with packages that could fight at the front, much as they did last year. We hope Hülkenberg can deliver us a podium in a wet race, much like he almost did last year. Hence the choice for our bonus GP. We also believe in our reserve driver António Félix da Costa, who is young, ambitious and ready to step into F1 basically any time. Especially when someone happens to underperform.

We were happy with our 2012 chassis and engine performance, so we have continued with the same suppliers this season as well.

Considering our late preparation for the season we may not be highly competitive in the beginning of the season, but our car and team is a clean sheet design rather than an evolution, so we are hoping to improve as the season carries on and bank on our long-term potential.

Our chassis – RBR – may not be the outright best in the beginning, but we hold firm belief it would be the package to beat in the late-season Asian races. We also hold the belief that both our young drivers will improve during the course of the season as they settle into their teams. Our goal for the opening Australian Grand Prix is modest – just to avoid embarrassment. But the more season goes on, the more we aim to move up the grid.

Good luck to everyone, we will all need it.

EDIT: This Team has gone Defunct. Our Title Sponsor Withdrew before the season.
    Entrance application of the team has been withdrawn, the team is subject to disqualification from the list of teams before the season.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jens
    Lessons from last year:
    Grosjean let us down a lot and Glock didn't score anything. We wanted to improve our driver front by having two drivers, who can score points. We still rely on young and potentially erratic drivers, but we believe they have potential to be consistent drivers.
    After a solid but yet-again non-championship-winning year last year, Blue Ridge Engineering had one overlying ethos: No rookie drivers. That's why we were happy we could re-sign Hulkenberg and drop Vergne for Perez whilst still being able to secure the AMG Merc chassis and and that wonderful Ferrari powerplant!

Coincidentally, BRE would like to point out that we've secured the services of Nico Hulkenberg for 5 out of the past 6 FGP seasons, as either a testing/reserve driver or in a race seat. We have a long history with the stellar German and consider him a valuable asset to our organization.
    Formula Platypus 2012

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Ok now I see. You're still thinking Button has a chance, so you've lost all touch of reality and don't care about the beautiful grid girls and models anyway. Psssssst... this isn't the Brawn car.

<smack talk mode off>
    You're right, there airshifter, this isn't a Brawn car...

This is a always-at-the-top-of-the-pile McLaren, which Button has muscled around for a few wins.

So there!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I am sorry. Can I post a new team? Here was a discussion if we can have two teams, but I do not want two teams. DQ the previous one! Now this is going to be the real deal!

Team: Yellow Jens GP Racing Team
    Driver #1: S.Perez (12)
    Driver #2: V.Bottas (6)
    Driver #3: A.F.da Costa (1)
    Chassis: Ferrari (20)
    Engine: Mercedes (9)
    Bonus GP: Italian Grand Prix.

Pre-season comments:
    Explanation in team change
    Unfortunately our main sponsor withdrew. They sent us the money last night, but as it turned out, their company was illegal and was taken to court! As a result cashflow came to an end and we needed a new sponsor very quickly, because team registration deadline was on Thursday, the next day!

Thoughts on the season
    We also went through a detailed analysis of the upcoming the season. We admit that the car and the team was rushed without any pre-season testing, so all the parts and aspects weren't really thought through properly. In fact, our car failed in crash test! So we needed to re-adapt quickly and design a new car and team! We have had some reflection time and have undergone some further changes before the new season.

Our new team is a real top-line team. With our previous line-up of Hülkenberg and Bottas we were just expecting to be "competitive". But with Pérez and a highly competitive Ferrari chassis we are expecting to be absolute front-runners. So we have raised our game to a new level just before the new season. We also promise this was our last turnaround before the beginning of the season.

Our analysis before the season showed that the benefits of having Pérez in your team far outweighs the benefits of having Hülkenberg in your team, considering the differences in prices. Based on that we concluded it was impossible to ignore the Pérez option in compiling our team for the season.

Now we are fully prepared and expect to be in the running for the World Championship. We are also convinced we have not copied a team, because going through the list of teams the combination of Pérez-Bottas-Ferrari alone is unique.

We apologize for the bureaucratic confusion before the season, but the paperwork needed to be completed properly. We had very little preparation time and admittedly rushed with our previous application as our title sponsor wasn't committed and our team was not completed and signed either yet. But in any case - there has been some drama already before the season even begun!

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones
    You're right, there airshifter, this isn't a Brawn car...

This is a always-at-the-top-of-the-pile McLaren, which Button has muscled around for a few wins.

So there!
    I actually hope that Jenson steps up as team leader, and it's all in fun. But in the interest of smack talking he is going to step up to support Sergio in his title chase!

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I shall finally take the plunge - Team Rocky Road has folded after a couple of great years, the new team is:

All Eggs in a German Basket

Driver 1: Nico Rosberg 15m
    Driver 2: Nico Hulkenberg 10m
    Driver 3: Timo Glock 1m
    Chassis: Mercedes 13m
    Engine: Mercedes 9m
    Bonus GP: Germany

Total 48m
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.