Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    And by the same token why is that LM24 is the only time some people make any effort to follow endurance racing?
    Perhaps because it's much easier to follow Le Mans because it's on so many different platforms?
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Just heard Davidson complain about the road being wet! Maybe too many ex-F1 drivers in LMS is turning the LeMans race into a F1 type SC show?!

BTW excellent strategy by Porsche in GTE Pro class. They read the situation the right way and got quite an advantage out of this triple SC system.
    Davidson is still thinking he is driving in F1 then, where they don't race in wet conditions in the most recent years. He was also crying about Buemi...

Yes, I wished there weren't too many ex-F1 drivers, because usually they aren't faster than the strong contenders in Endurance racing. An expection is of course Stéphane Sarrazin, who did a race in F1 and is doing well in rallies too.

I don't understand why the GT class only had a little coverage. Every year in Le Mans it is by far the most entertaining class and in my opinion GT cars are much more beautiful than prototypes.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Marketing, they have better marketing then WEC, ELMS, ALMS etc...
    The same applies to F1, otherwise how can one justify the still quite high audience levels for the sub-par F1 races that we are getting since a few years?!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan
    Perhaps because it's much easier to follow Le Mans because it's on so many different platforms?
    One platform has them all, it's called internet!
    If someone can make it in here to post they could also follow any WEC race they wish, all of them are live on the WEC site!
    Michael Schumacher The Best Ever F1 Driver
    Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up! :)
    They need us: http://www.ursusarctos.ro

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by big_sw2000
    I agree with what wedge is saying hear. I follow endurance racing, but hardly post hear, as this part of the forum is rubbish. Proof of this was the WEC Silverstone thread, I posted. It had Wedge, and one other person. 9 posts. Hardly a worth while discussion. I think that's what wedge was getting at, not a dig at you
    OK, if that was the case I am sorry I jumped to conclusions.

I have never posted during GT/Endurance before as I never thought of it. I will look to now, as I enjoyed today. Most events I watch and comment later, mostly F1 because of time restrictions at weekends, but a few "in Race" threads on F1 i have done were Ok, but the class of posting here was alot better.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    RIP Allan Simonsen.

Aston Martins had so much potential in the GT classes but they had so much back luck, it's unbelievable. I was rooting for the car 98 because of its GrandAm crew. Bill Auberlen and Paul Dalla Lana just won very close race in Grand Am series at Mid-Ohio just a week ago driving a BMW M3. As if Simonsen's fatal crash wasn't enough, the car 98 DNFed as did the class-leading number 99 Aston, which was driven by Bruno Senna, Bell, and Makowiecki, today in the morning. I hope Aston Martin returns stronger next year.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Let's hope they cut back on the ARMCOs and blue paint next year.
    racing-reference.info/showblog?id=1785
    9 Simple Rules as Suggested by a Nerd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Congrats to Tom Kristensen - I'm proud to be a dane! At the same time I hope Allan Simonsen is a better place now. Very tragic and sad. R.I.P Allan Simonsen.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Congrats to McNish, TK & Duval; not to mention Ant, Sarrizin & Buemi. Both cars were flawless.

Not a race to remember. Not just for the obvious but it led to some questionable SC periods.

ALMS/Lime Rock next week American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix-Lime Rock Park | American Le Mans Series

Old ALMS races: ALMS - American Le Mans Series racing on ESPN3, ESPN2, and ABC - YouTube

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Good race.

I only got two hours of sleep during the whole race.

R.I.P. Allan Simonsen