Page 97 of 107 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Giacomo Rappaccini
    As do many Americans including myself, however The people of the U.S.A are responsible for repealing it, and as Mr Lincoln said:

"still while they continue in force, for the sake of example, they should be religiously observed".

Now personally as an American and damn proud of it, I am not for trampling on The Constitution of the United States of America because I don't agree with it in its entirety! As a country of free men we must respect the rights, and restrictions provided their-in or change them. You my friend only have an opinion in this matter and don’t forget that!
    And I am free to express my opinion, so don't you forget that!
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    But I do mean to say, that, although bad laws, if they exist, should be repealed as soon as possible,
    - Abraham Lincoln

I contest that the Second Amendment is a bad law and in the words of Mr Lincoln "should be repealed as soon as possible". A law which results in death on such a wide scale, can not be held up as "good".
    Well, one down, now you just need to find about 150 million or so like minded individuals willing to actually vote for a constitutional amendment.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Well, one down, now you just need to find about 150 million or so like minded individuals willing to actually vote for a constitutional amendment.
    Nope, it takes two thirds.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Correct. Two thirds of the combined house and Senate to propose an amendment, then three fourths of the state legislatures or ratifying conventions of three fourths of the states ratify the proposed amendment. About 150 million voters to set that in motion Of course there are a couple more less likely methods to request congress propose an amendment. We are far more likely to pay off the national debt before we ever see an amendment which fundamentally alters the content of the second Amendment.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 78 Times in 73 Posts
    But it only takes a simple majority to rule on how the written word should be interpreted as a clarification is not an amendment to the Constitution.
    Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Correct, and the supreme court has done that very clearly very recently, striking down prohibitive firearms laws in the nations capitol and maryland.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012

Read more: Joshua Boston To Sen. Feinstein's Gun Control - Business Insider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like senator Dianne Feinstein.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by race aficionado
    I like senator Dianne Feinstein.

United States Senator Dianne Feinstein
    She and chuck Schumer are both hypocrits. Both currently hold concealed carry permits while advocating prohibiting citizens from carrying the same weapons. Feinstein carrys a .357. Nad both surround themselves with an armed security detail.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Dianne Feinstein

Feinstein claims that she has since relinquished both the handgun and the concealed weapons permit.
    Without sharing there can be no justice,
    Without justice there can be no peace,
    Without peace there can be no future.
    please click here once a day: http://www.thehungersite.com